Lurking a facebook discussion, what would you say to this person?

Options
2»

Replies

• time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would just comment with a pic of me in a bikini stuffing my face with Pizza.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

That's how I end most conversations.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Anybody with this many food rules is a person that I, personally, would not even try to engage in food-related conversation. If put on the spot, I'd pick one point and pound it with the hammer of science until it cracked. If I was in a contrary mood (50% probability) I'd then pick one other point and repeat until bored.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't touch that conversation with a ten foot pole.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Heck I don't even comment on my Facebook friends who are convinced that they need to go low carb to lose weight, so I wouldn't even bother with that one.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    MikeAV8s wrote: »
    I generally don't respond at all to derp. Let them think what they want.

This is a logical plan. But it's so much more fun to poke the bear!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

^ I like this idea.
    I rarely comment on things on facebook. Mostly just lurk and if I stumbled across this there would probably be a few facepalms and some laughing.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I rarely engage with people like that. They obviously don't science if they think calories have nothing to do with metabolism and their life choices seem to be working for them. I just giggle to myself at the woo and move on with my life. For the record I've lost a quarter of my body weight and maintained for a year now by counting and I don't feel degraded by sitting there with my calculator. But if they want to eat the food that doesn't have the big words they can't pronounce, I will eat it for them in reasonable, counted portions.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

So i have been lurking this conversation between a couple people on a facebook page for a couple days, i thought i would share it and ask, if this was you talking to this person, what would you say to them? Do you agree with them? Would you give them a shake? lol I am interesting to know the opinions! The comments are between someone named Tara and Tammy, Tara is the one talking about not counting calories, to lose weight. i finally piped in at the end as you can see. lol but interested to hear everyones thoughts on the snippets of conversation

2deuotdd99fg.png

They are stubborn, and they are wrong. Your comment was perfect. Every bit of weight I have lost, has been done via counting calories, as it is with most people. Lots of stubborn fools around...way too many of them unfortunately. :-)
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Personally, I do track calories but having said that, I think it's a valid point that it's not only about CICO but about the type of food you eat.
    If I have a high protein breakfast like bacon and scrambled eggs I feel satiated for hours and hours.
    If I have a sugary muesli, I want to eat again in half an hour. That aside, I think the concern about additives is also valid. You see a lot of microwaveable ready meals and then you see what's actually in them. *shudder*