Healthy snacks at work

Options
bexym2013
bexym2013 Posts: 1 Member
Hi just wondering what people would recommend to take to work as a healthy snack? I work in an office & struggle with snacking during the day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• soniaroig2012
    soniaroig2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    7 cocktails olives: 35 calories
    25 half cashews 80 calories (Planters)
    4 strawberries
    1 sugar free gelatin: 5 calories

• BiggieSmallsInc
    BiggieSmallsInc Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Cashew or celery here
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just ate a mozzarella cheese stick. It's about 80 calories, but boy, does the protein hold you. I also like a serving of almonds. An apple. Protein bar. A serving size baggie of plain cheerios or other healthy high fiber cereal.
  • JHALLISGETTINGsmall
    Options
    I eat a banana with PB2, Cottage cheese with fresh fruit, or sometimes the airpop popcorn
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I found that if I had snacks in my office, I'd usually eat them (all of them!) so I prefer to just have a filling breakfast before work and then a filling lunch at work.

A long time ago I used to pack one fruit serving and one vegetable serving with dip (hummus or light ranch) when I packed my lunch. That works too, but I can't just have a bag of "emergency" food because I will eat it all every time.
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Like @Queenmunchy, I cannot have an unlimited supply of snacks at my desk - I eat them all because they are there. I usually pack myself a snack (or two) depending on what I have for lunch and what my mood tells me I might want. Today, I packed a 30g serving of pecan halves. Friday, I had a sliced apple with a serving of Nutella. Sometimes, it's some carrots with a serving of hummus or light ranch dressing. More often than not, though, I pack myself a single-serving of some kind of nut in a tiny reusable container to have mid-morning since I eat breakfast around 6am, and don't have lunch until noon.
  • mapra
    mapra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cucumber and lettuce salad - 40 calories aprox (no dressing) 1 bowl u can add salt and pepper , lemon
    My fav is almond - 24 nuts has 80 calories
  • gnp16rm
    gnp16rm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bexym2013 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering what people would recommend to take to work as a healthy snack? I work in an office & struggle with snacking during the day. Any suggestions?

I have started eating baby carrots and sweet peppers with hummus. Its fillng and you don't need much hummus, so you dont have to worry about the fat creeping up on you. Also i like pop chips if i need that guilty but not so guilty pleasure. 20 chips, about an ounce, is a serving size. I hope this helps.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    cracker with tuna
    apple, grapes
    yogurt with fruits
    peanut butter oatmeal bar
    baked flavoured cracker chips
    choc chip cookies or choc filled sandwich biscuit
    almonds, cashews
    a slice of bread with tuna/cheese/nutella spread (whichever i feel like having that day. most of the time, its nutella :# )

• FloGB
    FloGB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's not a snack per se,but sometimes when I know I'm going to have a big lunch or dinner, I just drink plenty of water throughout the day. It keeps my stomach full for some time. Also, dates. Boy, will they keep you full for some time.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Fruit. Yoghurt. Nuts.
  • Tnangaley
    Tnangaley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Apple. Carrot sticks. Boiled egg.
  • tcarroll120
    tcarroll120 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Granola
  • crisplof
    crisplof Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    2 tbs of hummus with chopped cucumber for dipping; fat free plain yoghurt sweetened with stevia plus 0.5 cups of chopped blackberries, raspberries and blueberries plus cinnamon (u can add some grinded almonds to it too); 1 slice of 7 grain ezequiel bread with 1 oz of Swiss cheese... Or just some nuts :)
  • crisplof
    crisplof Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    crisplof wrote: »
    2 tbs of hummus with chopped cucumber for dipping; fat free plain yoghurt sweetened with stevia plus 0.5 cups of chopped blackberries, raspberries and blueberries plus cinnamon (u can add some grinded almonds to it too); 1 slice of 7 grain ezequiel bread with 1 oz of Swiss cheese... Or just some nuts :)

Also a rice cake with one tbs of almond butter plus some cinnamon on top
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have celery, broccoli florets and a fat-free ranch dip that I make...16 oz fat-free sour cream and one packet of the dry Ranch dip packets. Mix together and it is delicious! I actually crave the celery and ranch dip!
  • aimeelee76
    aimeelee76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cashews are my fav! Apple with fresh ground peanut butter, mandarin oranges
  • pmbgrp
    pmbgrp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    These are all great ideas! Thank you for sharing!!
  • thrashscara
    thrashscara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I make up a batch of sweet potato brownies or paleo cookies on a sunday, and have one at 3pm each day :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    chia seed pudding
    dried fruit and nuts
    clif bars
    fruit
    tofu desserts
    roasted seaweed snacks