Any 5'7 ladies looking to lose weight??

Options
I'm 5'7, looking to lose about 60 lbs. This is my 2nd time around on MFP. I lost 80 lbs in the past, but put 40 lbs back on, not good! I'm motivated to get this extra weight off and keep it off for good. What are your goals? Feel free to add me!! Best of luck to you all! :)

Replies

• rebeccaltossell
    rebeccaltossell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelley,

I've never used this msg app before but need someone to keep me motivated, too! I just had to do a conversion of pounds to kgs...I'm looking to lose around 8kgs (17lbs) and would love to share the motivation!

Part of my getting back to fitness is the desperate need for work/life balance for me (I'm terrible at it but making a huge effort this year to work on it)... So far so good. Counting calories most days of the week. Enjoying weekends a little more but keeping an eye on things still, trying to get to the gym 3 times a week and my partner is pushing me to do a Sunday run around the park near us each week. I've done 2 of those out of the past 3 weeks....the end of this week should cement these habits in! I'm sleeping SO much better too, which is good. Most importantly, making sure I have 'me time' is making my soul feel good...

Would love to hear your story and goals!

Bec
  • marylenw
    marylenw Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'u and need to lose about 40 pounds
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and looking to lose about 60. I'm currently at 197.
  • kz_dc
    kz_dc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". Started in July at 182 lbs and am now at 146. Looking to lose another 9. Best wishes to you!
  • maurihart
    maurihart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'7" and just getting mentally into it this go! My first goal is 15 pounds but 30 is my ultimate goal. I'm currently at 180.
  • ty_fit0815
    ty_fit0815 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey, hey, hey...I'm 5'7, and need to lose 23 lbs to get to my goal weight of 145.
    We got this!!!! :)
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Here I am! 5' 7" and 173. Wanting to lose 30 pounds. I had my second baby back in July and it's just time to get it all off once and for all.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Gosh ladies, I'm at 230 lbs right now and looking to lose 60 lbs...I would only be at 170 lbs lol looking at all your post, it seems like I need to set a bigger goal. What is a healthy weight for us 5'7 gals with a small frame?
  • MakeupMegs
    MakeupMegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 started at a size 26 and am now a size 8 but would like to lose about 30 more pounds which would put me at 135.
  • Kelley0519
    Options
    MakeupMegs wrote: »
    I'm 5'7 started at a size 26 and am now a size 8 but would like to lose about 30 more pounds which would put me at 135.

Wow!! Great job! What was your starting weight?
  • MakeupMegs
    Options
    Kelley0519 wrote: »

Thanks! I started at just around 300
  • lrubio2016
    lrubio2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im at 202lbs and looking to get down to what I was told was a healthy weight of 130.
  • Kelley0519
    Options

That's awesome, my initial starting weight was 273 lbs... does your family and friends ever say "you're too small!" or "you don't need to be losing anymore weight!" ....I heard that at 190 lbs lol I put 40 back on before I started losing again
  • MakeupMegs
    Options

That's awesome, my initial starting weight was 273 lbs... does your family and friends ever say "you're too small!" or "you don't need to be losing anymore weight!" ....I heard that at 190 lbs lol I put 40 back on before I started losing again

Yes!! They keep telling me to stop, that I look fine right now etc. it's incredibly annoying haha I just tell them to worry about their own bodies. I'm doing this for me, not anyone else. That usually get them to stop commenting on my size lol
  • Shananogan95
    Shananogan95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'9 so not too far off and I'm looking to loose around 60lbs over a period of time. My starting weight is 216lbs. Feel free to add me and also let me know if you have any advice that I can use! Thank youuuu☺️
  • Kelley0519
    Options
    Hi Kelley,

I've never used this msg app before but need someone to keep me motivated, too! I just had to do a conversion of pounds to kgs...I'm looking to lose around 8kgs (17lbs) and would love to share the motivation!

Part of my getting back to fitness is the desperate need for work/life balance for me (I'm terrible at it but making a huge effort this year to work on it)... So far so good. Counting calories most days of the week. Enjoying weekends a little more but keeping an eye on things still, trying to get to the gym 3 times a week and my partner is pushing me to do a Sunday run around the park near us each week. I've done 2 of those out of the past 3 weeks....the end of this week should cement these habits in! I'm sleeping SO much better too, which is good. Most importantly, making sure I have 'me time' is making my soul feel good...

Would love to hear your story and goals!

Bec

I know exactly what you mean! I a full time mother, full time employee, and I'm involved at my church. I stay pretty busy lol but I make time for exercise...I rarely have a day off from working out just because I enjoy it and that's my "ME" time. Stay focused, we'll get where we want to be!! :)
  • Kelley0519
    Options
    marylenw wrote: »
    I'm 5'u and need to lose about 40 pounds

I need to lose at least 60 lbs, we got this!!
  • Kelley0519
    Options
    samchez0 wrote: »
    I'm 5'7" and looking to lose about 60. I'm currently at 197.

Great goal! I'm the same boat as you when it comes to how much I want to lose!
  • Kelley0519
    Options
    kz_dc wrote: »
    I'm 5'7". Started in July at 182 lbs and am now at 146. Looking to lose another 9. Best wishes to you!

Thank you! I wish you the best of luck as well! :)
  • Kelley0519
    Options
    maurihart wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 5'7" and just getting mentally into it this go! My first goal is 15 pounds but 30 is my ultimate goal. I'm currently at 180.

It's great that you're motivated ! You will lose those 15 lbs in no time!!