Any suggestions?

Options
I have a pulled ligament in my ankle and really shouldn't be using it too much for the next 3-6 weeks. Any suggestions for how I can still burn some calories other then swimming? I'm finally really motivated and its frusturating that I can't do much!! So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!!! :)

Replies

• milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If you have hand weights you could do some upper body arm curls. Also I know there are dvds out there for people who are wheelchair bound. Perhaps your local library has a few of them, or maybe there are some online.
  • cfppro
    cfppro Posts: 7
    Options
    If you have a gym membership most of them have a bike that you pedal with your hands. Its tougher to do then it looks.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    stationary bike for cardio
  • valerieheat
    Options
    I also have a sprained ankle, severe shin injuries and large hematoma bruises and contusions. The doctor and the trainer said I could do low impact cardio like the elliptical and the rowng machine. I hired a trainer for a one time consult to develope a workout that avoided my injuries. Using the weight machines for upper body is a good way to burn calories too. You can also sit on your bottom on a mini trampoline rebounder and just bounce up and down. Good luck.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have a pulled ligament in my ankle and really shouldn't be using it too much for the next 3-6 weeks. Any suggestions for how I can still burn some calories other then swimming? I'm finally really motivated and its frusturating that I can't do much!! So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!!! :)

Remember that instead of burning cals, you could simply lower your target intake numbers for a couple of weeks and get the same result.
  • kerry225522
    kerry225522 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :)