How to lose 10 lbs. In 8 weeks

Options
I'm 56 need to be more focused on my food and wine intake. Very social time in my life any hints?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Log your food - I've found over the years that pre-logging my day as much as possible makes it easier to stick to.

Reasonable goals, and a reasonable calorie intake helps too. Make sustainable changes and don't expect results overnight - even 10lbs in 8 weeks might be too much, but as long as you're making progress, you're on the right track. Cutting calories drastically and then trying to stick with it for more than a few weeks, especially if you have a lot of social gatherings, generally ends with you crashing and burning, going way over cals after restricting so severely.

So maybe set your goals to 1/2 a pound a week, and do your best to be active, pre-log your foods, and hopefully have room for the goodies that often go along with a very social life!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Why the 8 week deadline?
    You're trying to make healthy change that will last a lifetime and ensure you don't put those pounds back on. :)
    Log your food, and when you want to have a glass of wine, budget for it, just like you'd budget your finances.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hint: it's simple math
    1 pound of body fat = 3500 calories
    10 pound = 35,000 calories
    8 weeks is 56 days
    35,000 calories / 56 days = 650 calories
    Eat 650 fewer calories then you burn each day for 56 days ,
    Mission accomplished
  • jaidebateman
    jaidebateman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Hint: it's simple math
    1 pound of body fat = 35,000 calories
    10 pound = 35,000 calories
    8 weeks is 56 days
    35,000 calories / 56 days = 650 calories
    Eat 650 fewer calories then you burn each day for 56 days ,
    Mission accomplished

How are 1 lb and 10lbs equal ?
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    LOL, Fixed
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    yep, a simple typo 3500 vs 35,000 ...
    besides 650 fewer calories intake, you can also burn more calories each day. I average 100 calories per 1 mile walked at 3 mph , a very easy pace.
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like wine too. I'm gonna try pre logging food. I hope you do well. I can't seem to lose a lb.