Anything you would change?

Options
Needing some help getting out of the rut, no scale movement anything super obvious I'm not seeing to change?

Replies

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? If not, start.

But if you're asking for more advice people will need more info, such as what you're doing now and your stats. They may see something you don't. :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    When you say "no scale movement" ...over how long of a time frame are we talking?
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    thanks, I am weighing/ measuring food. working out drinking water I'm super frustrated and don't know what I'm missing. thanks :smile:
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Get those carbs up and keep that fat low. You aren't eating enough too, get to 2k calories a day and burn off 500 of it. Better results.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I would change the amount of info you provided to help us answer this question.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    mkulfayel78p.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    OMP33 wrote: »
    Get those carbs up and keep that fat low. You aren't eating enough too, get to 2k calories a day and burn off 500 of it. Better results.

Calories are all that matter for weight loss. Macros are for health/nutrients. If she's not losing with however many calories she's currently eating, increasing her calories will NOT help her lose, it will do the opposite.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

You're STILL spreading your misinformation around here?
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Check the time man. It must have been BEFORE you replied to me in another thread.
  • shera426
    Options
    sorry I don't really know how much detail everyone needed my food diary is open, I work out several days a week eat back most of my workout calories. I started following the trim healthy mama food plan recently so my fat for the day is usually over the last little bit but I was hoping that might help jumpstart my metabolism. I drink a descent about of water, log everything and weigh all my food. I've been at my current weight for months and have changed several things over that time period and nothing seems to budge.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Check the time man. It must have been BEFORE you replied to me in another thread.

This is the first time I've replied to you this week.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you re-assessed your calories on MFP?
    It asks if you would like to every 10lbs or so, but you have to physically do it.

If you have lost over 15 lbs and not done an adjustment you could be eating at maintenance.

Looking at your diary would be more helpful if we knew your age, hight, start weight, current weight, goal weight, and how you account for your exercise calories.
    Enter and eat back using MFP
    Using a linked counter/HRM
    Using a website for TDEE.

Cheers, h.
  • phill_143
    phill_143 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What kind of Fitbit do you have and do you keep it on while working out?
    I'm wondering if you might be double-counting exercise calories - as you've got a manually added workout, plus a fitbit adjustment. I wear my fitbit (charge HR) during workouts and just let it add the adjustment, which would include calories burned working out.
  • shera426
    Options
    When was the last time you re-assessed your calories on MFP?
    It asks if you would like to every 10lbs or so, but you have to physically do it.

If you have lost over 15 lbs and not done an adjustment you could be eating at maintenance.

Looking at your diary would be more helpful if we knew your age, hight, start weight, current weight, goal weight, and how you account for your exercise calories.
    Enter and eat back using MFP
    Using a linked counter/HRM
    Using a website for TDEE.

Cheers, h.

33 yrs old, 5'5" starting weight varies I just had a baby #4 last April so I was around 210-215 just after he was born?. I only started logging when I got back to around 195 last summer. I am 180 now, I do have a fit bit but I don't double up on calories burned I log my workout and then it shows my steps (fitbit) separate. I do eat most of my calories burned for workouts but not always. Not sure what website your referring to? TDEE? Anything else I can add that would be helpful ?
  • shera426
    Options
    phill_143 wrote: »
    What kind of Fitbit do you have and do you keep it on while working out?
    I'm wondering if you might be double-counting exercise calories - as you've got a manually added workout, plus a fitbit adjustment. I wear my fitbit (charge HR) during workouts and just let it add the adjustment, which would include calories burned working out.

I have the fitbit flex it's the basic version and I keep it on my non dominant hand while working out. I have checked it before and after my works out videos and I usually only added a few steps not enough to make any change to calories burned that it registers