Healthy Snacks

Options
Anyone know of tasty health snacks? Work in a call center so my desk if full of goodies but wanting to switch to healthier choices

Replies

• tdecuir32
    tdecuir32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you tried popcorn with no salt or butter? I pop my own with the white kernals. I also like eating sunflower seeds, the ones without the shells. Nuts are also great snacks as well as car4ots and celery sticks.
  • hanan862015
    hanan862015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always pack some carrots or strawberries and i also take activated almonds ( soak raw almonds for a day , changing the water every now and then ) they just taste juicier not as dry plus really filling.
  • CristalSCarter
    CristalSCarter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Carmel corn cakes or chocolate rice cakes are good if you have a sweet tooth
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Define healthy.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Almonds. Protein and fiber.
    Use raw. Not roasted in bad oils type.
    Soaking overnight is good if you want full nutrition absorption (easier to digest), but I don't bother.
  • berescga
    berescga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My fave snack is an apple with some peanut butter or an apple & some cheese. Yum! Carbs, fiber, protein, healthy fats. What else do you need?

I also like plain rice cakes with some peanut butter on top. Also yummy.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You'll get some more ideas if you can through the boards for similar threads. Honestly, this comes up often enough that I can post my list by allowing my phones predictive text to do most of the work.

String cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter, cheese and crackers, fruit
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Alpen light bar 70 cals, lots of lovely flavours.
    Weight watchers toffee fudge swirl ice cream 77 calories per pot and OMG it's like heaven in a pot!
    Skinny popcorn
    Snack a jacks, salt and vinegar or the caramel ones if you want sweet
    Walkers squares salt and vinegar
    Carrot sticks, celery and peppers dipped in houmus
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    AsiaJung wrote: »
    Anyone know of tasty health snacks? Work in a call center so my desk if full of goodies but wanting to switch to healthier choices

Apples, oranges, Snappea Crisps, veggies & dip (hummus or light Ranch), cottage cheese, Wasabi peas, protein bars, etc.
  • marislm
    marislm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, cheese sticks/string cheese, yogurt, baby carrots/cut up veggies, fruit (blueberries and bananas!), roasted chickpeas or edamame, hard boiled eggs.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts are pretty good. If that's not your thing, then go with Kix, mother approved.