anything i can do to help energy level go up

Options
Its one of those morning where i cant get the lead out my butt
No caffeine and sugar means my past energy boosts are a no go so anyone have any ideas on ways to boost energy ?
I feel like am dying over here lol

Replies

• SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    B Vitamins, help with fatigue. Look at your diet, fresh fruit, veg etc...
  • Sweeneysonthecreek
    Options
    check your thyroid?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Consider taking a daily multivitamin? Sometimes it could be something as simple as a deficiency.
    Often on a very low calorie diet nutrients can go missing.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, sometimes just getting up and moving will likely do it. I will mope and stall in the mornings, and I sometimes have to fight myself to get up and get on my treadmill because all I want to do is flop down on the couch, but once I have gotten up and started walking and moving, my energy levels go through the roof.

I haven't been on track lately, and my poor treadmill hasn't seen me in several weeks and I am trying to take my own advice because I know I'll feel better. When I can get myself up make myself and do at least 3 miles, I find that I can't sit down for long the rest of the day, and I actually end up doing double that because once I start moving, I can't stop.

And why no caffeine? I would tear the hands off anyone who tried to take my coffee away from me in the morning. That's critically important for me in order to be sure I have a good day. lol
  • kelly_trixie
    kelly_trixie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Because i can not do coffee with out vanilla creamer & sugar and its gotta be super sweet
    Am doing my best to not go back thru my caffeine withdrawals so am avoiding coffee til i have a cheat day when i can have a yummy iced vanilla coffee

I took my vitamin hoping that will kick me in the tush and force my slow cleaning into regular cleaning
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Cheat days? Those were horrendous for me. A complete failure. Would not suggest it to anyone.
    Better idea was to go under 50 calories daily and "bank" them for the weekend.
    Sorry, I really hate the cheat day idea. Backfired on me. Wash. Waste of 6 months.
    Could you add milk to your coffee? The protein and calcium won't hurt you.
    * Vitamin will take about 6 weeks to feel a difference if there is a deficiency.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Because i can not do coffee with out vanilla creamer & sugar and its gotta be super sweet
    Am doing my best to not go back thru my caffeine withdrawals so am avoiding coffee til i have a cheat day when i can have a yummy iced vanilla coffee

Maybe wean down on the sweetener. Or water down the coffee. Personally not giving it up.

Other than coffee, I agree going for a walk helps, but if you are cleaning then you are already up and moving. Maybe music?
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I spend about 10 min stretching. It feels so good and helps to energize me in the morning.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    OP, are you eating enough now? From your other post, you we eating too little. Not have enough calories will make you feel tired.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Think of how virtuous you'll feel after a bit of exercise. Get your butt out to do whatever you do even for a few minutes (@yayamom3 suggested stretching even). Just do it and you'll feel better. That's what you need to learn: even tho it's hard to get started, you'll feel like a champ after. Valuable lesson to grasp.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories? I've been sluggish in the mornings and I've finally admitted to myself I'm eating too few calories each day (even though I feel satiated).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Lack of rest, lack of combating stress and incorrect nutrition should be your first issues to address.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options

I took my vitamin hoping that will kick me in the tush and force my slow cleaning into regular cleaning

Ezsweetz!! i use to literally be a 1/4 cp of sugar in each mug person, now i enjoy sweet coffee with 5 drops of ezsweet and after about 2nd day, it became just as delicious as my real sugar coffee without the calories.. no aftertaste btw.

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    There is nothing in this world that would make me give up coffee. Nothing. If someone said "coffee causes cancer." I'd start smoking again too since I wouldn't be able to give up coffee so I might as well enjoy myself.

Any medical reason you can't have coffee with creamer and sugar? Torturing yourself usually leads to failure in my experience.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Have a cup of tea (like peppermint or lemon) to inhale the steam. Scents can help perk you up. Take a walk around the block (especially if you live in a colder area), the fresh air will help. Also, make sure you are sleeping enough and eating right. Maybe you are low energy because you aren't getting proper nutrition and sleep. Good luck.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    You could try caffeinated tea as a coffee replacement if you are able to drink it without a bunch of sugary additives. It is not as strong, but should offer some perk.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you are eating too little?
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Caffeine withdrawal is more awful than sugar withdrawal. just make yourself a double espresso Italian style, and down it as bitter medicine. Really. you will immediately feel better.
  • kelly_trixie
    kelly_trixie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes i forced myself yesterday to get to 1200 calories wasent easy but i did it just took me all day and i am cutting the caffeine intake down cuz i wanna eventually have another child i figure best to do it now then later
    Tech i could prob have a small cup of coffee as long as i stopped with the sugar and creamer those creamers are loaded with chemicals and calories
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    you may find that your energy levels stay chronically low at 1200 calories. Is 1200 truly necessary for you? I lose on 1500 per day and my energy is great.