Beer and Fitness

2»

Replies

• charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    During weight loss, it's best to forgo it. Once you hit your goal, moderation is fine. Beer and alcohol in general always lead me to temptation, lol. Not to mention, the following day is unhealthy cravings and bad food day.

This
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Ya know the old trope that gets repeated endlessly: "It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle?"

I enjoy beer, and don't want to have a "lifestyle" that excludes it.
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    I don't log my beer. I count them as freebies since I never remember drinking them. It's like it never happened.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    During weight loss, it's best to forgo it. Once you hit your goal, moderation is fine. Beer and alcohol in general always lead me to temptation, lol. Not to mention, the following day is unhealthy cravings and bad food day.

This

I guess I lost 120 pounds the wrong way then because I drank beer all the time during my weight loss.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    I don't log my beer cals because I'm 22 :o
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Ya know the old trope that gets repeated endlessly: "It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle?"

me either.

and im a jack girl, myself ;) well,if staying in. beer if out. its about 50/50 ;)
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    I do not drink beer, but I do have harder booze on Saturdays, and I have lost 160 pounds.
  • bshave81
    bshave81 Posts: 107 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »

Yep!
  • I try to limit drinking to weekends only. And I agree with whomever said it leads to unhealthy choices the following day.
  • laurenislost
    laurenislost Posts: 28 Member
    Why waste the calories on something as lame as beer?
  • bshave81
    bshave81 Posts: 107 Member

Because beer is some of the most amazing stuff ever made.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    I prefer whiskey. More bang for your buck! (in a calories taken in:alcohol measurement)

Exactly!! I still might have a beer or two during the week, but a little 'shine, vodka, or whisky gives you the same buzz but w/fewer calories.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    I found I could eat or I could drink. To lose weight I could not do both. Because I am a mature and responsible adult, you can guess which I choose to do. Sadness as I live in the Portland Metro.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member

is the beer lame, or is it just you? :expressionless:
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member

is the beer lame, or is it just you? :expressionless:

hah i was gonna say the same thing..... beer is worth every single delicious calorie to me.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Not gonna happen. ;)