Breastfeeding

Options
So I was wondering if I did this right. I put in my current weight and then I put I wanna loss 1lb and it told me 1800 so I added 500 calories because I ebf. Is that right?

Replies

• NorthernCardinal
    NorthernCardinal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What are all your specifics though? I'm almost 4 weeks post partum and am ebf baby and am currently still sedentary. I have my calories set at 1500(I'm 5'3, 164lbs, yay baby weight...lol) with no exercise(haven't been cleared to exercise yet) so I can lose 1lb/week. I will adjust my calories after this week if needed, though I doubt it since I'm not doing anything physical yet. What you need to eat is dependent on where you're at post partum wise, what you're doing for exercise, and also, how much baby is eating (ie: if baby is eating solids then you aren't going to be burning an extra 500)
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    dana7dana7 wrote: »
    So I was wondering if I did this right. I put in my current weight and then I put I wanna loss 1lb and it told me 1800 so I added 500 calories because I ebf. Is that right?

Yes that sounds about right depending on your stats. I'm 5'4 and when I was ebf I ate 2100-2400 calories a day, I lost .5 lbs a week on average, but only had 10-15 lbs to drop.