I Need Supportive Friends

Options
Hi everyone, I've been a MFP member for a few years now but I come and go. I had great results the first time I joined because I was very motivated and I had great support from my friends on here. Since then, life has drastically changed for me...I had a baby about 1.5 years ago, my mom unexpectedly passed away 3 months ago and just last week my grandfather passed away as well. Usually I do not eat at all when I am stressed but for the first time in my life, I can't stop eating now that I am stressed. I feel like a bottomless pit most nights and I regrettably fill that pit with poor choices. Now that I am back on MFP to make a difference in my life and in my health again, I noticed that the friends that I had have been inactive for several months and I won't be getting the support and feedback that I need to make this a better experience. I realize that it sounds selfish to need cheerleaders as friends but I can promise you that I am a cheerleader in return to my friends. I am a very strong and independent person but with the passing of my mom at such a young age...I am also smart enough to know when I need help...that time is now. So lets be each other's support team! :)

Replies

• KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your losses...I am just re-committing to getting healthy again also..feel free to add me :)
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your losses and hope you're doing okay! I re-joined 3 months ago, would appreciate the support as well :)
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Good for you, for getting back to it! You can do this. Support is so important. I would love to be a part of your support system. Feel free to add me!
  • danielllleeee0x
    danielllleeee0x Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for encouraging friends to help everyone reach their goal. Feel free to add me! :)
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I have gone through some of the same things you have. I lost my Mom last August and my Aunt in November. This year I quite smoking and started to workout on a regular basis and try to eat better.
  • sophieb7
    sophieb7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. This is the second try for me with MFP. I'm motivated, and want to see result for spring.
  • CreationsMoody
    CreationsMoody Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your mom, I can't even begin to image. I am just getting started good on here myself and could use the support as well. Feel free to add me.
  • Thickandfit86
    Thickandfit86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about what you're going through. I'm a stress binge eater, taking it day by day, meal by meal. Could always use positive support and would love to return the same :-)
  • avrobin03
    avrobin03 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, I know exactly what you're going through! I'm just getting back into things as well. I desperately need motivated friends. Feel free to add me! Good luck in your journey!
  • nic_ci
    nic_ci Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I feel you...I lost over 60 pounds with MFP...then lost grandma and gained 50 back...it's hard losing someone you are so close to...I'm not sure if it ever goes away!