What time do you get started ?

Options
I was wondering what time everyone gets up in the morning to make sure you get exercise in I really want to get back in the gym but would need to be up at 4 so I could be done by 5 every morning.... I've thought about getting a home work out for a while like 21 day fix if anyone had tips and advice for squeezing in workouts

Replies

• thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Up at 645 to make my partners breakfast and lunch. I then make my breakfast and lunch and eat by 715. I tend to chill and read the news with my coffee some days and get to work by 9-930. I'll get home and work out around 530. Other days I do a light work out in the morning for about 30min, and if I'm feeling up to it I'll work out again. Today I'm thinking I need to get on the treadmill after work, even though I did some light weights and Pilates and dance this morning while I watched TV. I'm in bed by 10 every night. We try to get 8-9hrs of sleep.

I do the PiYo DVDs some days, also Cize. I like the BeachBody line of videos, and anything that is dance and flexibility oriented. I'm on an adult dance team that performs around Atlanta, so that's a 2-hour hardcore workout each Sunday too. Basically Sunday is the double workout day. 4-mile walk/jog and then dance.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6am, walk for an hour, do strength training for an hour, by that time it's 8am. Then I get ready. At 9 I'm at work. After work ends (6pm) I come home, walk for another hour, then eat dinner. Then do whatever needs to be done. Tomorrow, repeat. :)
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Options
    4:45 a.m., drive half hour to gym, spin, life, shower, grab coffee and head to work for 8/8:30.
  • elkhunter7x6
    elkhunter7x6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I get up @ 4:15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and go to the gym. The rest of the week I work out in the evenings so I am able to get up @ 6:20 and get ready for work.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6:30 on days I go to the office, around 7:30 - 7:45 on days I work from home. But, I get my exercise on my lunch hour or after work.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    During gardening season, I get up earlier and garden before work. This time of year, I exercise at lunch and after work.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Workdays I usually get up around 5:30 AM. This gives me time to exercise for half an hour, walk the dogs, get ready for work, and eat breakfast.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:45 and do my T25 workout at home (4:15 on Fridays), get dressed and at work by around 6:30. Work until 5 and then pick up kids, do homework and cook dinner, baths etc. unless they have a game or practice or other event. No time to work out in the evenings and working long hours and weekends because it's tax season.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I workout after work.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Usually 6:45. The thought of getting up early every day to exercise makes me feel ill.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    6:10 A.M. But, I exercise when I get home from work, starting at about 5:20 P.M.
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 just for my normal routine to get to work by 6:45 (30 min commute). There is no way I am dragging myself out of bed any earlier to exercise. I walk a lot at work, but I fit in my exercise in the afternoons after work or on the weekend.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I get up at 7 am, on the bus at 7:50, gym from 8:15 to 9:20, back on the bus, at desk at 9:45.

I'm a PhD student so most days I can make my own schedule :) I find it easier to workout in the morning and stay a little later in the evening.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    4:30 wake up, make coffee, pack boyfriend's lunch/breakfast, exercise, shower, drink coffee, make lunch, go to work @ 8:00.

Fitness blender is a great website for at-home workout videos. My workout is either a jog/walk outside, gym, or fitness blender.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off a little past 4 am, about 3 weekdays/week. I get up, dressed, drive to the gym for 4:30. That gets me an hour there and then I get coffee and drive home for 6, just as my spouse and kids are waking up. Morning routine, work by 8. I get home around 5:30 but with dinner and homework and kids sports, its 8:30 before I sit down. On the days I don't get up at 4, I'll do a little zumba in the evening or ride my folding recumbent bike. On the weekend, I'll go either mid morning or mid afternoon.
  • WeekendWarriorTX
    WeekendWarriorTX Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    on gym days i'm up around 0430 to make it to the gym as close to 0500 as possible. at the gym until about 0645 so I can get to work before 0800. luckily right now I live about a mile from the gym and work. I'm going to have to change something if I move where I'm planning to at the end of the year.

on running days i'm up around 0530 to start my run around 0600
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I prefer to work out in the mornings, I find it helps me make better choices throughout the day, but during the winter I just can't get myself out of bed when it's dark. So right now, I'm up at 645 to be out the door at 710 for coffee and clocked in at 730. I'm off at 6, home to do t25, dinner & pack lunches/snacks for the next day, walk the dogs, family, help kids with home work and do my own, etc, usually in bed by 930, asleep by 1030.

When its light out, I get up and run the dogs about 3 miles in the morning before work, and then repeat the above for the rest of the day.

*Edit, I shower in the evening before bed, and in the morning after runs. Right now I'm not running in the morning so it's just at night. It lets me stay in bed another 20-30 minutes!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    G33K_G1RL wrote: »
    I get up at 7 am, on the bus at 7:50, gym from 8:15 to 9:20, back on the bus, at desk at 9:45.

I'm a PhD student so most days I can make my own schedule :) I find it easier to workout in the morning and stay a little later in the evening.

Wow. When I was a PhD student I often arrived about the crack o' noon. :)
  • callmeAl19
    callmeAl19 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Up at 5am, out the door to the gym 10 minutes later. I only do 35 minutes of cardio when I get there, but at least it's something. Home by 6:05am, shower, get dressed and ready and head out the door with my husband and 4 year old by 6:50. Drop off son at daycare and husband at work and at my desk by 7:35am. Get out of work at 4:30pm, home by 5, dinner and spending time with my boys until the little one's bedtime at 8pm. Then I get a little down time, get things ready to do it all again the next day and am in bed by 9:30pm on a typical night.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    M/W/F - I'm up at 5. Leave the house by 5:20 to get to the gym in time to warm up and do the 6am bootcamp class. Bootcamp ends at 7. I shower at the gym and get to work a little before 8.

Tues/Sun - rest day, up at 6 to do normal getting ready stuff.

Thurs - Up at 6, but I'll go to spin class after work from 5:45-6:45pm and will get home around 7:15.

Sat - Usually up around 7 to get to the gym in time for the 8am bootcamp class.