Weight

Good morning, I hope this day finds everyone well

Replies

• mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Yep, chest day today ;)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    you titled the thread 'weight' and then say good morning?...OK ... have a good one!
  • kawanaslove
    kawanaslove Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I actually posted more, just not sure where it went....my first time posting. In short I mentioned I'm 5'5 and 195 lbs....I was told I wear my weight well and I was even called "stocky"....wasn't sure how to respond without getting defensive. My goal is be more toned and lose about 10-15 pounds. I workout 4 days a week so I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi, I actually posted more, just not sure where it went....my first time posting. In short I mentioned I'm 5'5 and 195 lbs....I was told I wear my weight well and I was even called "stocky"....wasn't sure how to respond without getting defensive. My goal is be more toned and lose about 10-15 pounds. I workout 4 days a week so I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong.

If you aren't losing weight over an extended period of time (4+ weeks for example) you are simply eating too much.

Your goal weight of 180 - 185 lbs as a female who is 5'5" seems remarkably high.
    (I'm a "stocky" 5'9 male and maintain my weight at 168lbs.)

By the way this is the maintaining weight forum.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    A heads up If you use emoji/emocions from the app then any text after that is deleted.

and as @si says your goal weight does seem high for your height.

I would say I'm a stocky-ish female 5ft 2 who maintains 130-133lbs/normal bmi
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    I agree with the above that you need to watch your diet more closely. Plan and track everything you put in your mouth and you will lose. Ultimately, you may want to consider a lower goal. I am 5'5" and started at 155 (which is overweight) and my target is 125.