Anyone else tired?

Options
So, got plenty of sleep, drinking a lot of water today and worked out this morning but i'm still soooo dang tired today; like i could fall asleep while typing. Anyone got any energy boosting ideas that are not coffee or soda?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    What did you do for a workout today? How long and how many calories did you burn?

How many calories do you get to eat each day and do you eat back exercise calories?

I get this way from time to time, but it is after killing the workout or even TOM. Sometimes when I over did the carbs the night before, I am sluggish as hell and need a power nap of about 30 - 45 minutes and then I am good to go.

I do caffeinated coffee and diet soda.. so this is my go to for alertness. Maybe others can give you something better that will help you other than it being the workout, nutrition, vitamins, etc you may be needing.
  • KyriaCathy
    KyriaCathy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Eat a apple and take a walk in the sun or hike a flight of stairs. The natural way to boost your energy will last longer. Energy drinks or caffeine will help but you could be setting yourself up for a bigger crash later!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Some days Im just beat- especially the day after I lift. I just want to nap. However a little walk and a big glass of water and piece of fruit gets me going. Its usually my drive home when my eyes want to close...not really the best time. Go for a short walk, get your blood going. Get some fresh air.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Do you take a multi vitamin or anything? I was never really a believer in popping pills....but adding a multi vitamin or b-12 helps me with energy. I can tell when I have stopped taking them, for me it makes a difference.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    jlynch0511 wrote: »
    So, got plenty of sleep, drinking a lot of water today and worked out this morning but i'm still soooo dang tired today; like i could fall asleep while typing. Anyone got any energy boosting ideas that are not coffee or soda?

I suggest getting your thyroid tested. That can be a sign of thyroid dysfunction.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Nap.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I almost always get this after working out in the middle of the day and then going back to sit at my computer. I don't know what the explanation is. I've gotten my thyroid checked (it's fine). I have a theory my body is trying to compensate. Our bodies like homeostasis. So if I burned a bunch of 'extra' calories it tries to chill me out to save energy. Usually if I get up and stretch or go for a short walk, make sure I'm getting my water, I'm fine.
  • jlynch0511
    jlynch0511 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. My thyroid is fine, clinically i'm perfectly healthy. Today i'm fine. I did drink extra water and had some grapes and got away from my desk and walked the halls for a bit, it seemed to help a bit. I'm gonna chalk it up to gloomy, rainy weather and recently changing my workout to 5am. That 5am wake up is a bear, but i managed to power through it. :)