losing weight and coffee

Options
So my question is can I still lose weight effectively if I consume 1-2 cups of black coffee daily ?

I noticed it kinda curbs my hunger as well

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    There is nothing in coffee that will keep you from losing weight.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Yes. :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    i was expecting you to talk about your 4-a-day starbuck frappuccino addiction. black coffee will not limit your ability to lose weight. even a little cream and sugar in it won't hurt as long as you count it all.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    So my question is can I still lose weight effectively if I consume 1-2 cups of black coffee daily ?

I noticed it kinda curbs my hunger as well

Yes.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Only 1-2??

Blasphemy!

(black coffee contains a miniscule - like less than 5 - calories per cup, so even 10 cups of coffee alone probably isnt' going to significantly affect weight loss).
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Yes you are good to go. I wish I enjoyed black coffee. I have to put almond milk in it.
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I actually forget to eat for a few hours if I drink coffee.

That's unhealthy, but if you remember to eat later and take it easy on the sugar it's alright.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've just switched to black coffee from heavily creamed coffee so I can keep drinking it. It has saved me about 150 calories per day, which really adds up!
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    ok sounds good I just adjusted back to black coffee it was hard going back after I was used to all the good stuff in it lol.

I do a little almond milk but I use the un-sweeted one not vanilla due to high blood sugar its ok but kinda a tease since its not half and half lol.

thanks for the insight here goes to cup number 3 of the day lol

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Switch to decaf instead. This will not raise insulin, the fat storing hormone.