Gained it all again, but I'm still trying

Options
I lose 30 gain 50. Lose 50, gain 80. Lose 80, gain 100. My current weight is unknown as I am over my scales 350 lb limit. In the past 3 years, I have been as high as 370, as low as 280. Just one giant yo-yo.

My body is now screaming for help. Not just to look cute, or wear nice clothes, its screaming not to die. My back yells, my joints yell, my heart says get it together. When is enough is enough? Why is food such a hard friend to break up with? I want a healthy mind, so I can have a healthy body and life.
Sooooooo here I am again.

Replies

• KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time committing to things & sticking to it. I am trying to get started AGAIN also. Feel free to add me :)
  • KyriaCathy
    KyriaCathy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    All I can say is been there, done that. I have lost and regained 100+ pounds at least three times in the last 15 years. Never, ever give up! Keep trying! A little something sticks each time you try and eventually you will find the right formula for you and you will do this, you can do it!!! Hang in there! If you trip up, start again immediately! It will be your turn, you will do this!
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    My weight graph looks like a craggy mountain range. 9 days ago I said enough is enough. I'm down 4.8 lbs. It's one choice at the time, one step at the time, one day at the time. I have a picture on my bulletin board front and center of a beautiful healthy thin woman. One day she will be in the mirror. I had a victory last night. I was all alone and maybe not quite satisfied after my little dinner. There was a chocolate bar in the fridge. I chose a glass of water instead. One choice at the time.....
  • Nixb19
    Nixb19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. I had started losing weight before I got pregnant 2 years ago, only gained 15 pounds due to pregnancy, however I ended up gaining 35 pounds since my son was born in 2014. We can do this!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You can do this. With vast reserves of body fat, it melts away when you recognize and end the ridiculous acts of engorgement you are doing to maintain a 350+ mass. I've been there. I'm not there now.
  • mrsw2801
    mrsw2801 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I lost 63lb for my wedding in January 2012 Iv put it all back on and and extra 28lb, Iv tried a few times in the last 4 years to get back on track but my minds not been in it. This time I feel determined
  • TwoTonCherry
    TwoTonCherry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Down 70, up 50, down 70, up 45...down 2.8. All within an 8 year period. For me, I get distracted when life "gets hard". This last weight gain, I actively sabotaged myself believing there was no way I could possibly gain all that back. I got close. Constant vigilance is the name of the game now.
  • melr01
    melr01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs and 5 dress sizes. It took 2 years. Then I gained the 50lbs back and up 4 dress sizes. It sucks, I hate it. But I keep trying because I'm worth it. And like another person said, each time you try you retain a bit more. You can do this, you will do this. As long as you want it.
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You have to look at it from a lifestyle change and not a diet that ends when you reach goal. The diet gets you there but you also have to adjust the intake appropriately after you reach you goal. I like to be around 215 so I eat around 4300 cals to maintain that but when I am 230 I am eating around 5200 cals a day. When I'm 200 I tend to eat in the 3000s a day. I know just from my intake where my weight is heading. This is how it should be unless there is something health related that is affecting your loss. Good luck! You can do it.