Same suit different me 40 lbs later! (5 months later)

Options
mikebooker1
mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
edited February 2016 in Success Stories
First let me say I'm far from done but I can finally see a difference in myself. I'm on my journey to a 100 pounds and just taking a moment to reflect. Back in September I went to a wedding with my wife and realized just how much weight I had gained. First, the plane ride was more uncomfortable than usual. Next when i put my suit on that I haven't worn in quite some time I couldn't even button the jacket. To make matters worse shortly afterwards I saw pictures of the wedding with me in all my chubby glory.

I've been on this ride for nearly ten years of yo-yo diets to only gain more weight once I fail. But it was September of 2015 that I decided to go get a physical and face my challenges head on. I was going to take a doctor tell me how serious this was becoming. The scale tipped at 330 pounds....Wow! Also my blood test readouts were all in the risk categories. That was all the evidence i needed to make a change.

What's crazy is this time around I've actually done less had better results. I'm not killing myself in the gym for hours a day. I'm not starving myself with low caloric content food. I love food and some things I'll never give up but what I've learned is I can still eat great food but swap out the obvious things that were holding me back. I also don't need to live in a gym to change my life.

I've also done things like park further away at work, take short walking breaks, bought an elliptical and put it in front of tv, and eat healthier snacks. I also watch my portion control too.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll have to be mindful of my food intake and lifestyle for the reminder of my life but that's the only way this journey will have a happy ending. I wish you all the best out there and feel free to add me for tips, encouragement, or just to shoot the bull.

Happy travels....

pez6e3vr3yx0.jpg
cmcfnobdn3ne.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!