Booooo

Options
Am totally going to go over today. It's my own fault and I'm still determined to stay on track and not beat myself up about it (tomorrow is another day and all that). Just it's the first time in the ten days I've been logging in that I've gone over. I also know exactly why it is too so I can avoid it another time. Am just a bit disappointed. BOOOOOO!!!

Replies

• ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Aw, don't feel bad. We all go over sometimes. Maybe do some cardio to make the numbers green so you can feel better?
  • zev6
    zev6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling with motivation so don't depair you will do it
    Zev
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That's not bad. As long as you get back on track tomorrow you should be in good shape.
  • alys_in_wonderland
    alys_in_wonderland Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Already been for a run this morning so that even includes eating those calories back too! It'll be ok: I'm a lot more disciplined than I used to be so hopefully I can make it up tomorrow instead.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    if you can avoid it why do it?...if your doing it on purpose then why be dissapointed?..sorry just confused..the hole day isnt a wash-up just because you mess up breafast or lunch..no need to just write the whole day off especially if you realize it this early on that you have gone over..why not eat sensible for the rest of the day?
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day, start again and don`t let it get you down!

You can do this, just because you took a day off doesn`t mean you have let yourself down, think of it as a holiday from the diet...

Keep going!

Please feel free to add me a s a friend:smile:
  • zev6
    zev6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't know if its just my phone but some off my message disapears when I'm writing.does anyone eles have this problem
    Zev
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    That's the best attitude to have. You know where you've gone wrong which is one of the most important reasons of writing a food diary in the first place, and you know how to make it right.
    I say although you have messed up your day on the calorie front you have triumphed in another area!
    Go you, back on it tomorrow and don't look back!
  • alys_in_wonderland
    alys_in_wonderland Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if you can avoid it why do it?...if your doing it on purpose then why be dissapointed?..sorry just confused

Basically, I went for a run, came back, had breakfast late, didn't really have lunch like I usually do, then was absolutely starving and it went a bit downhill from there. If I'm strict with myself from here on in (have already plotted dinner in) it's not too bad though.

I never intended to be a slave to the process: I don't think that's particularly healthy. I think it's more about knowing how you're doing and making better choices. I know now that I have to have a plan in mind, particularly if I'm going to go and do a load of exercise so I don't come back starving and munch everything in sight!!

If I'd intended to go on a massive munch today, I wouldn't have been disappointed: I would've expected it. As it was, I hadn't so am not particularly happy but am going to completely move past it rather than beat myself up about it.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I never intended to be a slave to the process: I don't think that's particularly healthy. I think it's more about knowing how you're doing and making better choices. I know now that I have to have a plan in mind, particularly if I'm going to go and do a load of exercise so I don't come back starving and munch everything in sight!!

That's the main reason MFP works for me. It's not something that will be totally undone by screwing off one day every so often. I can still eat whatever I want, but by having to be accountable for the calories, I'm having smaller portions and skipping things when I don't have enough calories left. As long as you stay on track most of the time, in the long run you'll see the results you want.