SNACKS!!! I know it been done but don't have time to search

Options
jdavis193
jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
I already eat the following snacks... just need new ideas not sure if there is anymore...

Hummus/Veggies
Popcorn
Laughing cow cheese and back to nature crackers
String Cheese
Nuts
Fruit/Veggies
Cottage Cheese
egg whites
Peanut butter and apples

I love to eat Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal but It does not feel me up in the mornings so I may start eating it as a snack with half cup of skim milk...

Replies

• journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love Kraft 2% mozerella string cheese. 70 calories, and fills me up pretty good. Also very portable! I also love baby carrots with a little salt on them.
  • journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sorry! Totally did not see string cheese on your list:)
  • yellowpear
    yellowpear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt with a little sugar substitute & a fruit of your choice seems to fill me up easily.
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    kashi TLC bars are a great snack with a side of fruit. my fave right now is the pumpkin fruit and grain with some apple slices.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! It keeps me full for so long and it's soooo yummy!
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    When I need something salty, I have a serving of Goldfish crackers or flatbread crackers w/hummus or Kraft Philly dip.
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try Pringles Stix they come in Pizza, Cheese and Honey Butter they are so yummy especially the Honey Butter I just eat them little by little to make them last and they are only 90cals a packet they come in boxes of 6 or 8 packs also when i am craving chocolate I get Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters they are 120cals a pack but get rid of the craving :wink: Good luck inyour quest
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I try not to buy stuff that has a long list of ingredients. I bought Special K bars. The ingredients are long.
  • SmashleyJo
    Options
    While its not a "low calorie" snack protein bars (230+ calories) fill me up for hours. Plus I tend to get a little boost of energy from them. Protein bars have come so far in the past few years, most of them taste fantastic! My favorites are Luna Bars, Zone Perfect Fudge Graham, and the Clif Bar Builders :)
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    I think you should find a cereal that does "feel you up" in the morning - it really starts your day off with a bang! :flowerforyou:

But seriously... Have you ever tried Wasa crispbread? I buy the Fibre Rye cuz it has the most fibre and least calories. I like it with peanut butter or guacamole and a slice of cheese. It's higher calorie with those on it but YUM!. Maybe with some hummus & cucumber & tomato slices - ooh, just thought of that, gonna have to try it! Gee thanks for the inspiration!

Crispy minis flavoured rice mini rice cakes
    Sugar-free jello is actually good & quite refreshing
    Pudding cups - for a real treat dip chocolate-covered pretzels in em!

I eat a lot (too much) packaged processed stuff so I'd like some new ideas too.
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt with a little sugar substitute & a fruit of your choice seems to fill me up easily.

I second this! I make homemade greek yogurt, add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of frozen fruit (blueberries are my FAVE!) a packet of Stevia, and 1 T. of flax seed. My favorite snack right now :)
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I think you should find a cereal that does "feel you up" in the morning - it really starts your day off with a bang! :flowerforyou:

But seriously... Have you ever tried Wasa crispbread? I buy the Fibre Rye cuz it has the most fibre and least calories. I like it with peanut butter or guacamole and a slice of cheese. It's higher calorie with those on it but YUM!. Maybe with some hummus & cucumber & tomato slices - ooh, just thought of that, gonna have to try it! Gee thanks for the inspiration!

Crispy minis flavoured rice mini rice cakes
    Sugar-free jello is actually good & quite refreshing
    Pudding cups - for a real treat dip chocolate-covered pretzels in em!

I eat a lot (too much) packaged processed stuff so I'd like some new ideas too.

I do eat breakfast. I make my own oatmeal with peanut butter. It feels me up 10x more than cereal.
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds bizarre but I made some pickled eggs and beets with Splenda and it makes a delicious snack. I used small size eggs and a can of whole little beets and added some sliced Vidalia onions. Just let me know if you want the recipe.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    While its not a "low calorie" snack protein bars (230+ calories) fill me up for hours. Plus I tend to get a little boost of energy from them. Protein bars have come so far in the past few years, most of them taste fantastic! My favorites are Luna Bars, Zone Perfect Fudge Graham, and the Clif Bar Builders :)

I just found a recipe to make my own protein bars. I looked at some of the protein bars clif and luna there are like 10-13 grams of sugar in them.
  • jennykling
    jennykling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just ordered and received PB2 from the netrition web site (my sister got it on amazon.com). It has 85% less fat calories than traditional peanut butter. I tried the chocolate one last night with grahm crackers and it was a satisfying snack. Have not experimented with it much yet but for 2 Tbsp. you have 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. I also eat fiber one bars on the go - loaded with fiber. I also went to Walmart and bought 3 different trail mixes (chocolate nut antioxidant, cajun trail mix, and there is a health one I really like). These have around 150 - 160 calories for 1/4 cup and give you some protein and well as satisfy that need for crunch (like chips). Lastly, I am not much of a yogurt person but my sister told me to try yoplait white chocolate strawberry and it is good. Hope this gives you something new to try.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Protein bars, Special K bars, Quaker True Delights, Applesauce
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    I do eat breakfast. I make my own oatmeal with peanut butter. It feels me up 10x more than cereal.

I was joking cuz you said "FEEL" you up instead of "FILL" you up. :blushing:
  • Riane22
    Riane22 Posts: 18
    Options
    Finely chop some green onion, cucumbers, carrot, red onions, tomatoes, and put them into cottage cheese with some salt and pepper! Amazing
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Salsa or pico de gallo as a flavor boost to veggie snacks. 2 tbsp around 5-10 calories (pico de gallo is more but the serving is larger).

This sounds weird, but semi-sweet (baking aisle) chocolate. Ghiradelli's semi-sweet comes scored into 0.5 oz squares and is a great 40 cal way to knock out a sweet or chocolate craving, esp if you eat it with some strawberries or other fruit.