I need people to hold me accountable

Once again today is day 1 on my journey to becoming healthy and fit. I've been trying to lose weight for all my life it seems. I know what to do at the gym and the proper foods to eat and can easily lose weight. Yet I always fail. I've realized that the hardest part is not the physical aspect of losing weight or watching what you eat but rather conquering the emotional and mental aspect. It's dealing with the issues that cause you to run to food and overeat. So many times I find myself feeling hopeless and sabbatoge myself by turning to food for comfort. The battle seems unconquerable but I know that with God's help, I can learn to believe in myself and overcome my eating disorder and addictions. I have 50 pounds to lose. I'm 5'10 and weigh approximately 175lbs. My goal weight is 125lbs. My goals are to stick to a 1200 calorie diet, do an hour of cardio in the gym daily, and weight train 3 times a week. I feel trapped inside a body that is always in pain, stiff, and limited in flexibility and certain mobility. I challenge myself to stick to eating healthy and working out for 30 days and to see if I notice any changes. Part of the challenge is to record everything that i eat and write a daily blog about my experience, failures, successes.

Replies

• JadeRoatch
    JadeRoatch Posts: 18 Member
    hey ill add you im 199 this morning and im looking to losing 50 to 70 lbs to get to either 150 or 130 and i have never been that small i have a lot of muscle for me so never been that small but since i havent done a whole lot for like 8 years im hoping i can my hubby would love it lol im on a 1200 cal diet as well and i do maybe a hr of exercise here and there
  • mcg899
    mcg899 Posts: 17 Member
    For your height I think 125 might be too low. Don't be too hard on yourself bc stress can only do so much too your body and push you more into binging. 1200 calories seems a little low just make sure your protein intake is high compared to carbs and fats. Good luck to both of you on your journey. Food isn't the enemy just stay active and keep positive.
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Olenkaalla wrote: »
    Once again today is day 1 on my journey to becoming healthy and fit. I've been trying to lose weight for all my life it seems. I know what to do at the gym and the proper foods to eat and can easily lose weight. Yet I always fail. I've realized that the hardest part is not the physical aspect of losing weight or watching what you eat but rather conquering the emotional and mental aspect. It's dealing with the issues that cause you to run to food and overeat. So many times I find myself feeling hopeless and sabbatoge myself by turning to food for comfort. The battle seems unconquerable but I know that with God's help, I can learn to believe in myself and overcome my eating disorder and addictions. I have 50 pounds to lose. I'm 5'10 and weigh approximately 175lbs. My goal weight is 125lbs. My goals are to stick to a 1200 calorie diet, do an hour of cardio in the gym daily, and weight train 3 times a week. I feel trapped inside a body that is always in pain, stiff, and limited in flexibility and certain mobility. I challenge myself to stick to eating healthy and working out for 30 days and to see if I notice any changes. Part of the challenge is to record everything that i eat and write a daily blog about my experience, failures, successes.

Accountability is key to sticking with a major lifestyle change. Some people can do it from day 1 by themselves and I envy them but then there are people like you and me who need someone in our corner to guide us. 1200 seems too low and you could run the risk of losing too much too fast, being hungry which can lead to binging and you could gain what you lose back plus some. I would shoot those calories up to at least 1500 and try that for 3 weeks consistently and see what happens. Contrary to popular belief, the more you eat (as clean as possible), the more you can lose. Your body needs fuel to burn off that fat. Also, with your workouts, make sure you vary them so that your body doesn't adjust to what you're doing so you don't run the risk of hitting a plateau :)
  • catsrule308
    catsrule308 Posts: 24 Member
    Add me please, I'd like some accountability
  • roxymuller
    roxymuller Posts: 29 Member
    Feel free to add me as a friend. Don't look at this journey as temporary. Look at it as a lifestyle change for the rest of your life - not a diet. Take baby steps and don't make too many changes at once. Also, don't be too hard on yourself if you mess up a day or two. just start the next day and continue on.