Just downloaded C25K!!

Options
Just downloaded C25K...
Pretty excited to start this program!!!
I'm not totally new to running, but never could seem to build up much endurance (1 mile is all I could ever do:sad: )

Just wondering if anyone esle is just starting this program?? Maybe we could support each other :bigsmile:

Or if anyone is well into the program or has finished and has any tips or info to share?
:flowerforyou: Thanks!

Replies

• a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    Options
    I just downloaded this app too and I'm going to start on Monday (I have this thing about starting new things at the beginning of the week...lol). I am totally new to running but I've been wanting to start for awhile. I just didn't know how to start, so this app is going to be a huge help. I'd be glad to have a friend so that we help motivate each other.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    I'm getting ready to do my first 5K race. (I've run 5K + four times in the last week....)

My advice would be :

1) Take it steady. There's no disgrace in repeating week if you need to.
    2) Make sure you have good running shoes.
    3) Try to walk a bit on your "off days" to keep from stiffening up, but don't push too hard.
    4) Believe in yourself. :happy: You CAN do it. :happy: It may seem tough at times - but after a few weeks it gets easier. :smile:
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    I just downloaded this app too and I'm going to start on Monday (I have this thing about starting new things at the beginning of the week...lol). I am totally new to running but I've been wanting to start for awhile. I just didn't know how to start, so this app is going to be a huge help. I'd be glad to have a friend so that we help motivate each other.
    LOL I do the same thing!! Mondays are more often than not my start days for everything, fitness related or not!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm getting ready to do my first 5K race. (I've run 5K + four times in the last week....)

My advice would be :

1) Take it steady. There's no disgrace in repeating week if you need to.
    2) Make sure you have good running shoes.
    3) Try to walk a bit on your "off days" to keep from stiffening up, but don't push too hard.
    4) Believe in yourself. :happy: You CAN do it. :happy: It may seem tough at times - but after a few weeks it gets easier. :smile:
    Thank you!! great advice!!