Options
2»

Replies

• newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a thread!

I have learned to be PATIENT with myself,
    I have learned that using a food scale and measuring cups/spoons make a difference,
    I have learned that finding a community on MFP has helped me to stay focused and motivated.
    I am learning that I CAN do this.
  • shushu1433
    shushu1433 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I can do this! That sometimes it is hard and that sometimes it is ok to be hungry I will NOT starve to death. I have never stuck to a diet for 30 days and now I'm in 35 days and excited for tomorrow. I'm learning patience and to NOT step on the scale for a while, it brings me down sometimes and I don't want that drama playing in my head. I'm learning to listen to the feel of my clothes and how loose they are getting. And I feel great!!!!!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    This is not my first time at MFP... I have been back and forth for several years now. This time is a little different for me though... I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I cannot "work out". Raising my heart rate will send me into a flare-up that may last days to weeks. So, I'm having to focus on diet and making the most of the activities that I can do. I've lost almost 11 pounds since January 8th. I'm learning to make each bend into the washing machine a deep knee bend, each walk down into the hall a high knee march, and each time I bend to pick something up is a squat. I'm learning the importance of stretching. I think though, the thing that amazes me is how much real food you can eat for a small amount of calories! Also the importance of water. It's not going to happen fast, but each pound lost is a little less punishment that my already aching body doesn't have to deal with.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I did it yesterday, so...I CAN do it again today!
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    sonjavon wrote: »
    This is not my first time at MFP... I have been back and forth for several years now. This time is a little different for me though... I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I cannot "work out". Raising my heart rate will send me into a flare-up that may last days to weeks. So, I'm having to focus on diet and making the most of the activities that I can do. I've lost almost 11 pounds since January 8th. I'm learning to make each bend into the washing machine a deep knee bend, each walk down into the hall a high knee march, and each time I bend to pick something up is a squat. I'm learning the importance of stretching. I think though, the thing that amazes me is how much real food you can eat for a small amount of calories! Also the importance of water. It's not going to happen fast, but each pound lost is a little less punishment that my already aching body doesn't have to deal with.

This is so awesome.
    I caught myself doing a sumo squat at work as I was reshelving a form.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I did it yesterday, so...I CAN do it again today!

Love that !
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the last 5 or so weeks I stopped saying "if I lose this weight" and now say "when". That's proven very beneficial for me.

And honestly? I feel GREAT.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    That one bad day doesn't make me,a failure and is not an excuse to give up.