polar ft7 low heart readings

Options
I bought my polar ft7 last Thursday and then I used it on friday, the readings of my heart rate where good from 90bpm too 150bpm and burned more than 500 calories in 1 hour and half but now doing the same exercise and the same intensity my heart rate readings are from 73bpm too 130bpm and burned 400 calories in 1 hour and 30 minutes, why is my polar giving me low numbers now?

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Low battery or you didn't get the chest strap wet before using it. Yes, even if it's brand new, check the battery.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Low battery will often give you crazy readings (like 220 BPM straight down to zero and back up again).

Simple answer is that your second workout wasn't as intense.
  • jairo2
    jairo2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Low battery or you didn't get the chest strap wet before using it. Yes, even if it's brand new, check the battery.

I always get the strap wet but I'm going to check out the battery.
  • jairo2
    jairo2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ksuh999 wrote: »
    Low battery will often give you crazy readings (like 220 BPM straight down to zero and back up again).

Simple answer is that your second workout wasn't as intense.

I used it on friday and Monday and they both where the same readings but Tuesday, Wednesday, yesterday and today it's just been low readings.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I use this stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Spectra-360-Electrode-Gel-Laboratories/dp/B0093J2GM4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454710557&sr=8-2&keywords=electro+gel

Works like a charm and two tubes of it will last for stinking ever (they are big tubes). Low battery has been the only time I had my H7 get wacky like that. I was buying batteries at the local Walmart (off-brand alkaline generic) that just weren't that great. After a month or so of use they'd get unreliable yet the battery would be "full" in the polar app. I changed them out with some Energizer brand batteries and two months later readings are still solid.