Seeking help from tall women roughly 5'8''-5'10''!!!

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8.5in and currently at 147lbs my goal is 143lbs...which if i ever get to will probably change to 140lbs to give my some leverage when i change from losing to maintaining! I'm a medium build.

My hubby keeps saying he doesn't know what i'm aiming for as i look slim now, hey what does he know?!
  • mudkiwi
    mudkiwi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I currently weigh 160. According to the "wrap your fingers around your wrist" test, I'm a small-frame, but according to a calculator using my wrist length, I am a medium frame. My goal is to be 145 lbs :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 started out at 180 and am currently at 159/160(I keep toying with that line and I'm sick of it!)

My current goal weight is 150.. but I'm thinking that I'll re-evaluate at that point and then decide if I want to go down to 140. Not too sure what my frame size is but I know that this is not the right weight for me.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" (medium) and my goal is 150! I have just always wanted to be a buck fifty! but we will see when I get there if 1) I like it and 2) it is easy to maintain or not. I am wearing a size 14 (192) now and have never been smaller then a 10. and I was a 10 at 162lb. Seems like it takes us taller girls longer to drop a size. Anyone else find that? Great post btw!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5", with a 6" wrist (so that puts me at a "small" frame, right?) also have a 34" underbust and wear an 8.5-9.5 shoe (3 pregnancies will do that)

Goal weight range is 138-145. It's starting to matter less because my body fat is already at 19.8% calipered; there's only so much more to lose.

What matters THE MOST to me is getting my waist-to-hip ratio (WHR: waist at narrowest point divided by hips at widest point) down as low as possible. "Perfect" or ideal for my race is .7. Right now my circumferential (measurements >around< waist & hips) is .716. My frontal WHR (take a picture of yourself facing forward and measure waist & hips across) is .66 which is exactly the same as supermodel Marisa Millers ;) Most Playboy centerfolds have a WHR of .68-.7.
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what frame size I have. I'm 5ft 9" wrist measures 6.25inches (I always thought I had HUGE wrists and big frame). Anyway I'm 157lbs and aiming for 135lbs. Can't wait till I get there! I felt so good at that weight :)
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hello tall lady. =D

I have been hovering between 165 and 175 now for two years. I don't expect myself to drop much more in terms of 'weight' since I also do a lot of strength routines. I want to be fit, not thin.

Between 165 and 175 is where I'm comfy. I workout like there's no tomorrow, but I can't get under 165 no matter how hard I try.
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my wrist is about 5.7 inches and it's 27 around my ribcage, I have a very tiny frame. I still look healthy at 120, plus since I'm in my teens it's fine to be a bit lower if it's from a fast metabolism. I want to get to 116 but if my friends say I look too thin I'll put on some muscle so I look healthier :)
    It not only depends on your height and your frame but also how much of that is muscle!
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yay! tall girlies! lol

Hey girl, I'm 5ft 8inch currently weighing 197lbs with a small frame and I want to get to 140lbs. I also have really dense bones which adds pounds apparently but none the less, I am still a big girl but there's a skinny minnie inside X3

I get the same thing too where people tell me that I'm fine at the weight I am. Because we're blessed with height, we look slimmer but we still aren't exactly healthy. And it's not about what they see it's about how we feel. So if you wanna lose weight then do it for you. Unless you wanna be like 120lbs then no lol
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    6'0
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Just commenting on the question of being "big boned" or having a "large frame." When I weighed over 220 pounds and had a lot of weight to lose, I just looked at the "charts" and said to myself: "Yes! You are 5'8 1/2 inches, size 9 1/2 shoe," you are "large boned."

Well, it turns out, this is not true. I am long boned, but not "large boned." Either I am medium or small -- hard to say.

My point is this: You can initially aim for the weight on the charts under "large boned." If that helps you, aim for that weight range. When you get there, revise, if necessary.

Thinking of yourself as "large boned" when you have a huge weight-loss goal is NOT a bad thing. It helps you get to where you should be to be fit and healthy. Nothing wrong with that!
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 my goal weight is 165...I'm currently at 198...
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5 My goal right NOW is 165. I have a large frame, I have big hips, breasts etc.
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5 10

Large bone structure

40 years old

Doc says 166
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Im 6ft 2 in and my goal is 175 although Id really like to be 150 but because of my frame and height idk if its possible???? Im currently 185
  • Vegakaren91
    Options
    I am 5'9 and I used to weigh 140. I had a baby and now I weigh 189. I goal is to weigh 150! I don't know if that helps1
  • tiseminger
    tiseminger Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10" and currently at 160. Ideally I would feel I look and feel best between 150-155. I think it really depends on your body fat. right now, even at 160 there is too much belly fat and butt fat. Im fine with a weight being higher if I tone it up and look muscular. I try not to use weight as my main indicator because with females, we can really fluctuate with hormones. Track your measurements, and go by how you feel and look. Make sure your blood tests say you are healthy too and your set!

www.busyvegetarianmom.com
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 - Bigger frame, and lifting in the gym, so starting to build some gorgeous muscles..... and over 50!! Currently 215lbs

My target is 185 to 190 lbs - any less than that and I suspect I will start looking too "wrinkly and gaunt" in my face - so I would rather carry a few extra pounds and not look emaciated and gaunt.....
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 '8.5" and I have a large frame (7" wrists, size 10 shoe, hands bigger than my husband who's 6', you get the idea ;) )
    I'm going for a goal weight of 165, as that is the top end of my healthy weight range. After that, we'll see.
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is 140. I'm ok being just a little above that as long as I know it's due to muscle and not fat! :) I'm probably a medium build.