Over 500lbs to 200lbs

Options
PatrickCoyle
PatrickCoyle Posts: 16 Member
edited February 2016 in Success Stories
This was me on the 1st January 2012

2q00u9t.jpg

My weight was sitting around 36/37 stone (roughly 500lbs). This was the day I decided to make a change and at 27 years of age I was thinking if I didn't do it then I never would. Over the coming days, weeks and months I started going to the gym and tracking everything I ate on myfitnesspal and before I knew it the year was almost over and on the 1st November 2012 I was 16 stone (224lbs).

I basically need all cardio for that first year and have only finally started lifting properly this last year and a half while maintaining an aggressive cut. I train a powerlifting style which is hard when you're in a big deficit. Finally around the 200lb mark and feel and look good.

Although I lost all the weight and do look better the skin is absolute nightmare. My chest and stomach are horrendous looking. Even though people who have seen me naked say its really not that bad, I know they're just trying to make me feel better. Well thats what I think anyway. You can be the judge.

2u7mxaf.jpg

r0ntyh.jpg

33kg9a8.jpg

if0idc.jpg

2jv7zp.jpg

I was recommended by a work friend to check out a clinic in Poland where she knew someone who had great success with similar procedures. I then got my GP to check it out and did my own research and I liked what I saw. I am now booked in for April 11th to have, Abdominoplasty with liposuction, Arm lift, Male breast lift and Gynecomastia Max.

But the most important thing is that I finally feel like the whole fat part of me will finally be gone and I can live the life I want with no fear of ridicule or being self conscious about my skin.

Just showing what is capable with consistent work.

Any questions, ask away!

[edited by MFP Moderator]

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your accomplishment :)
  • LoveToRead91
    LoveToRead91 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • bbeauchesne
    bbeauchesne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's impressive. How many calories did you eat per day to lose all that weight? And did you plateau along the way?
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats on your success! You should be so proud!
  • modman100
    modman100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Congratulations!
  • flashtaxi
    flashtaxi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Amazing! You look great! I am completely inspired by you. Goodnluck on the surgery.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing accomplishment! To be completely honest, you look WAY better now than at 500 lbs.
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! U look great! Keep so posted on the post -op. I would love to see it after pics
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. You look amazing. Loose skin happens when you lose 300lbs. I wish you the best with the surgery.
  • sandels7
    sandels7 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Looking handsome! Good luck with the procedure! :-)
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    As proud as I am with you and all other members who lose massive amounts of weight, as angry I am with myself... and my failings.

You have done an amazing job and i hope you will be happy after the surgery :) Take enough time to heal properly and follow the doctors advice to the letter :)
  • Tresiel
    Tresiel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Amazing work, looking good + lost over half your body weight. Impressive. Keep us updated for sure.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was a crazy loss in your first year!! :o

Congratulations on your success and best of luck with the surgery.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Well done on your fantastic weight loss. I get why you want rid of the loose skin, but honestly you look so much better now. Some of these clinics in Europe can be a bit questionable on safety etc so make sure you've researched it thoroughly. You'll have to post another set of pics when you're done. All the best
  • kinderpghgurl
    kinderpghgurl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's very inspiring! Awesome job
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    You've done amazing things!

I do know one guy who had the surgery and he found recovery hard because he couldn't exercise for a good while afterwards and psychologically it messed with him as that was one of his new habits he relied on.

Just be prepared for that and rest properly and it will be grand.

I hope you post the after surgery pics if you're able. :)
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amazing, amazing work.
    My question: how did you manage to lose 270-275 lbs in less than a year?! What did you eat and how often did you exercise? I find that high impact cardio hurts me sometimes, even though I'm just 22!! What type of cardio did you do?
    Good luck on the surgery, and wish you a speedy recovery! :smile:
  • pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This was me on the 1st January 2012

2q00u9t.jpg

My weight was sitting around 36/37 stone (roughly 500lbs). This was the day I decided to make a change and at 27 years of age I was thinking if I didn't do it then I never would. Over the coming days, weeks and months I started going to the gym and tracking everything I ate on myfitnesspal and before I knew it the year was almost over and on the 1st November 2012 I was 16 stone (224lbs).

I basically need all cardio for that first year and have only finally started lifting properly this last year and a half while maintaining an aggressive cut. I train a powerlifting style which is hard when you're in a big deficit. Finally around the 200lb mark and feel and look good.

Although I lost all the weight and do look better the skin is absolute nightmare. My chest and stomach are horrendous looking. Even though people who have seen me naked say its really not that bad, I know they're just trying to make me feel better. Well thats what I think anyway. You can be the judge.

2u7mxaf.jpg

r0ntyh.jpg

33kg9a8.jpg

if0idc.jpg

2jv7zp.jpg

I was recommended by a work friend to check out a clinic in Poland where she knew someone who had great success with similar procedures. I then got my GP to check it out and did my own research and I liked what I saw. I am now booked in for April 11th to have, Abdominoplasty with liposuction, Arm lift, Male breast lift and Gynecomastia Max.

But the most important thing is that I finally feel like the whole fat part of me will finally be gone and I can live the life I want with no fear of ridicule or being self conscious about my skin.

Just showing what is capable with consistent work.

Any questions, ask away!

[edited by MFP Moderator]

You look fantastic and HOT!!!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!