Disappointed Myself

Options
When I first joined myfitnesspal I had all this inspiration to lose weight. Added a bunch of people and created a group. Some people in the group are doing an amazing job, but I feel like I let them down because after 6 months I"ve let myself gained weight. My motivation was lost somehow. I've never been this fat and I don't know how to stick to losing weight anymore. Before I'd gain and lose 15 lbs or so. But after gaining over 80 lbs, I'm stuck. Just needed a place to write my feelings. Hope you can let loose too and that someone replies with supportive commentary.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It has taken me years to figure out what works for me (food and exercise balance), even now, my commitment waivers at times. All you can do is get back at it. Don't think of it as restarting, you aren't. You have gained valuable information from past experience, so you have that. Just start logging again, for today. Then tomorrow, do it again.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What happened? Losing weight is only about being in a calorie deficit. Lots of successful people before you.
  • Kiismyaces
    Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post @nutmegoreo . By the way are you in real estate?

@queenliz99 it was a group I started on my own on here. Not a program that was followed. I was doing well and then I lost motivation. Not anyone's fault but mine, I just have to keep at it. But I can't stick to a routine like I used to. I've never been this big, it's scary.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Kiismyaces wrote: »
    Thanks for the post @nutmegoreo . By the way are you in real estate?

@queenliz99 it was a group I started on my own on here. Not a program that was followed. I was doing well and then I lost motivation. Not anyone's fault but mine, I just have to keep at it. But I can't stick to a routine like I used to. I've never been this big, it's scary.

No, did you want to buy a bridge? :laugh: I'm in healthcare.

I am nearly halfway through a 90lb weight loss. I know it is challenging and scary for so many reasons. There is a lot of great information and helpful people here. Read lots, learn lots, and just make a commitment to yourself for today.
  • Kiismyaces
    Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @nutmegoreo Congrats, that's huge!! Yeah I need to commit, that's my problem. Lack of commitment. Oh I asked because I saw REO on your name....which stands for real estate owned in my field of work.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Kiismyaces wrote: »
    @nutmegoreo Congrats, that's huge!! Yeah I need to commit, that's my problem. Lack of commitment. Oh I asked because I saw REO on your name....which stands for real estate owned in my field of work.

Ah! No, Nutmeg and Oreo were guinea pigs I had a long time ago :smile:
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    What happened? Losing weight is only about being in a calorie deficit. Lots of successful people before you.

Only about a calorie deficit? If it was that easy would any of us be here?
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    sndrd49 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Only about a calorie deficit? If it was that easy would any of us be here?

It actually is that easy. Motivation, focus, persistence, consistency are all hard. The actual process is easy.
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you made my point.