Wearing boots question

CassieLEO
CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
edited September 28 in Chit-Chat
Im a female corrections officer, and I wear boots for work. They are the tactical composite toe black boots (Converse), and they lace up to above my ankles into my lower shin area. My problem is that I am getting a groove around each leg where my boot ends, and the calf muscle seems to be pushed up past where the boot ends instead of straight down to my achiles. It looks weird, and the boots leave a indent all around both legs. Is there anything I can do about this? I cant not keep them tight because ill break a ankle running in them if I dont. ANyone run into this issue that wears boots????? ANy ideas how to fix it next to wear sneaker type boots?

Replies

• malachor
    malachor Posts: 8
    It sounds like you might be over tightening the boots or they are just a poor fit in general. I am guessing they are a 6", Danner makes a 8" tactical that performs well or you could get what we called a "toung depresser" so you can put more pressure on the top of your foot and leave it loose or not tied at the end. I noticed my cotton socks cutting in and just roll the tops down or use smart wool socks.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Awesome! Ill give that a shot and see if its the socks, or if I need to try a different pair of boots!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    My guess would have been to maybe fold down the top of the boots?
  • AJelinski
    AJelinski Posts: 36
    Try keeping the laces tight just past the ankle and then loose from that point on up.
This discussion has been closed.