Idk what to eat..

Options
I'm new to dieting so I'm having trouble finding things to eat.. i want to lose weight, but im getting tired of plain salads,Baked Chicken and Tuna.. My Slim Fast Shakes for Breakfast don't hold me over for more than and hour now.. I just need new ideas/recipes on breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks. (I'm not a big fan of broccoli or steamed and boiled vegetables) I just feel like if i keep going with the same old stuff. Ima just give up.. Can someone please help me..?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Egg or two and two strips of bacon for breakfast with sliced cucumbers or grilled mushrooms.
    Ideas for lunches with calories listed.
    http://greatist.com/health/35-quick-and-healthy-low-calorie-lunches
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Www.skinnytaste.com
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    1. Skip the shakes and eat real food.
    2. Presuming you are preparing your own food then think about what you want to eat, find a recipe and then adapt. I find that you can generally leave out oil and sugar from any recipe without it really affecting the taste (apart from cakes but even with them you can usually safely halve the sugar suggested by a recipe).
    3. Cook/prepare in bulk.
    4. Fruit and nuts make great snacks as long as you're logging them.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever the heck you want - just fit it into your calorie goal. If you want to eat salad and baked chicken and tuna, go for it. If, however, you want some variety in your eating, DO IT. You need to be learning how to eat for the rest of your life; presumably that will include more than salad and tunafish. There's no need to restrict yourself to bland boring food. Eat what you want, just less than you did before. It can be hard to let go of the diet mentality that is so pervasive but the sooner you get your head around it the better off you'll be. You can literally eat ANY FOOD and still lose weight as long as you're in a caloric deficit.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Try and eat foods in their natural state. Avoid all the processed stuff. Will you eat veggies if they are in a stir fry?
  • crystalcassarah315
    Options
    I thought fruits weren't good to eat ofteb because of the sugar.??
    2. Presuming you are preparing your own food then think about what you want to eat, find a recipe and then adapt. I find that you can generally leave out oil and sugar from any recipe without it really affecting the taste (apart from cakes but even with them you can usually safely halve the sugar suggested by a recipe).
    3. Cook/prepare in bulk.

• crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Really? Thank you! A bunch of people have told me that salad and chicken would become my bestfriend when trying to lose weight.
    Phrick wrote: »
    Eat whatever the heck you want - just fit it into your calorie goal. If you want to eat salad and baked chicken and tuna, go for it. If, however, you want some variety in your eating, DO IT. You need to be learning how to eat for the rest of your life; presumably that will include more than salad and tunafish. There's no need to restrict yourself to bland boring food. Eat what you want, just less than you did before. It can be hard to let go of the diet mentality that is so pervasive but the sooner you get your head around it the better off you'll be. You can literally eat ANY FOOD and still lose weight as long as you're in a caloric deficit.

• crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Natural state?? And i would as long as you can't really taste them..
    Riskay123 wrote: »
    Try and eat foods in their natural state. Avoid all the processed stuff. Will you eat veggies if they are in a stir fry?

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Riskay123 wrote: »
    There is no need to do that.
    3. Cook/prepare in bulk.
    You can eat fruit, ice cream, a biscuit. Anything you like as long as you are under calories and you will lose weight.

For health reasons it is best if your diet consists of a large amount of fresh whole foods. Some dairy and lean proteins, then fill in the rest of your calories with what ever you like.

There are no bad foods, only bad diets on the whole. Enjoy everything in moderation.

• Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    3. Cook/prepare in bulk.

Natural sugar doesn't count, don't worry about sugar in fruit :)
  • crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Is there anything else you can put with it besides one of those two (cucumbers or mushrooms?) I don't like either..
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Egg or two and two strips of bacon for breakfast with sliced cucumbers or grilled mushrooms.

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Melmo1988 wrote: »
    3. Cook/prepare in bulk.

sugar is sugar is sugar. It DOES count, ask any diabetic if they can eat fruit with abandon because it "doesn't count." That's rubbish.
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Is there anything else you can put with it besides one of those two (cucumbers or mushrooms?) I don't like either..

how about some grilled tomatoes?
    You really can eat whatever you like (within your calorie limits) and lose weight.
    The reason so many people recommend vegetables (aside from their nutritional benefits) is that they're low calorie and bulky so you get a lot of food for your calories.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

One apple or pear or berries.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Do you like soup? During winter, I make a big pot of soup and eat it all week for lunch. That's a great way to get protein and veggies and still keep it lower calorie. Most soups that I make have 300 calories or less per serving. I made an italian turkey soup for the last two weeks because I LOVE it. Find some recipes and cook! I eat salad with chicken several days a week, but it's because I really enjoy salad. Plus Kroger has a great salad bar and it's cheap. But if I didn't enjoy salad, I would eat something else.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

This is why I rarely link recipes. Just eat whatever the hell you want! Think food groups. Foods usually have more than one nutrient, so what constitutes a food group is not written in stone; it will vary depending on who you ask, but roughly, you can split foods into these groups: Vegetables - fruit/berries - grains/potatoes - nuts/seeds - meat/fish/seafood/beans/eggs - dairy - fat/oils. Have some food from every group every day, and aim to get a variety of each group through the week. To build up a meal, pick and choose from the different groups. Start with things you know you like. Then try to widen your horizon. Try a new food every week.
  • lvadmama
    lvadmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    3. Cook/prepare in bulk.

sugar is sugar is sugar. It DOES count, ask any diabetic if they can eat fruit with abandon because it "doesn't count." That's rubbish.

Yep..
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have eaten mac and cheese, pizza, cake, cookies, candy, steak, rolls, bread. All of it on a pretty consistent basis and lost 34 lbs. You weigh it you log it. If it fits you eat can eat. Of course if you have medical issues where you have to watch certain nutrition keep that in mind.
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    3. Cook/prepare in bulk.

I second this. Raw sugar in fruit is okay and recommended.