too few calories

Options
So i keep eating too few calories and its become an effort for me to make sure i get enough calories in everyday to meet my 1000 calorie minimum. Has anyone else had this problem or has some advice to make sure i get enough to eat?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Pick higher calorie food options - a few nuts or a bit of cheese packs a lot of calories in a small space.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat some food: chicken thighs, pork chops, bacon, potatoes, avocados, broccoli, yellow squash, eggplant, tacos. :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    1000 calories does not take me very long. Peanut butter will get you there in no time! In stead of anything fat free, go for whole fat options, and yeah, did I mention peanut butter? How about on some graham crackers? That will put some calories on your diary.

Eat food, 1000 calories is nothing.

I do question why are you having such a hard time getting in so little calories...???
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Nutella B)
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is not enough. Why is that your calorie goal?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What height are you Op? 1000 calories is a very low goal.
  • Willkill4pudding
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I do question why are you having such a hard time getting in so little calories...???

I usually stick to like veggies and stuff like that and the lower calorie options in snacks and such. I may start grabbbing the higher calorie stuff just to boost my calorie count. Also i moved to spain about two years ago so some things like peanut butter are hard to find. :(
  • Willkill4pudding
    Options

Im about 5'5" and i'm trying to get from 145 pounds to 135
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Plug your weight and goal weight into the goals section on MFP. Set it to .5 pound a week. MFP is designed to let you eat back at least half of your exercise calories.
  • clawmum
    clawmum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    my daily intake is 1240, I've struggled a few times to get there but have introduced a snack when i get home from work and moved dinner back half hr, are you sure your having enough calories for such a small loss I'm aiming to lose much more and have achieved 11lbs in 2 weeks, good luck :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no one got fat by eating <1000 cals a day.

1- thats really not enough to behealthy
    2- i didnt bother to look but 98% of the time when someone says something like that, they are not logging accurately.
  • iandurrell
    iandurrell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My bet is you are under-recording but whatever, just take 2 table spoons of olive oil, any sort but ok brand, and that will add 240 cals and take little space in yr stomach.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You might find some ideas of what you can include to boost your calories here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

But I want to add the caveat that a lot of people underestimate their calories and portion sizes when they start out. So it's worth taking a look at your logging to be sure you're not missing anything and are weighing/measuring as accurately as you can and aren't eyeballing any of your portion sizes.
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have been averaging 900 a day for the last few weeks. I just began anti depressants and I have no appetite. I need some advice too because I'm supposed to eat 1600
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

I'm 5'5", 45 years old and am currently 141 lbs. With exercise, I eat between 1500-1600 calories a day and am losing about .5 lbs a week. You don't have to eat under 1000 calories to lose weight ime.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, check your logging practices. People who say they are full on 1000 calories are often actually eating more....
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    If you're having trouble eating the calories, then drink them! Have a big cup of milk or orange juice. The calories will add.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, bacon, avocado, protein shakes, cheese, butter, mayo, oily dressings, olive oil, chocolate, cookies, chips. So many things you can eat to easily bump your calories up without eating much. For heavens sake EAT, you didn't get overweight/gain weight by not being able to eat enough to sustain yourself.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

there's no need to eat so little, i'm 5ft5 and 139lbs and lose on NET 1650 cals, there's no need to eat so little. you should only be aiming to lose half a pond a week anyway given that you are currently at a healthy weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have been averaging 900 a day for the last few weeks. I just began anti depressants and I have no appetite. I need some advice too because I'm supposed to eat 1600

peanut butter