Weight Lifting Friends Add Here

39 and fairly new to weight training. I have been at it for a year now and looking to add some new friends who lift also. Be good to have an avenue for advice and tips for training and diet.

There are enough ways to find friends on here for support but be good to find friends who have the same goals.

Anyone welcome to send an add!

Replies

• mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Hi!! I started lifting weights about a year ago. Love the way they make me feel and look.
  • RunningofftheEX
    RunningofftheEX Posts: 78 Member
    mmsilvia wrote: »
    Hi!! I started lifting weights about a year ago. Love the way they make me feel and look.

Same here, I was so out of shape and weak and amazed at what I can do now. A long way to go but moving forward. I could barely do a push up and now I can rock out 3 sets of 20. Did my first pull up recently too.
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    I love to lift....always looking for more support and friends to support back and encourage. Read my profile...if you think i am a fit...please send me a FR.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I've been lifting a few years now, love the feeling of getting stronger and the progress made over that time.

My goals are to gain weight and continue getting stronger!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    jlorch wrote: »

Same here, I was so out of shape and weak and amazed at what I can do now. A long way to go but moving forward. I could barely do a push up and now I can rock out 3 sets of 20. Did my first pull up recently too.

That is amazing! I just did 2 pull up this morning. And last night I did 2 sets 10 push ups. Love breaking ground!!
  • RunningofftheEX

That is amazing! I just did 2 pull up this morning. And last night I did 2 sets 10 push ups. Love breaking ground!!

Nice, I finally was able to do 1 yesterday.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    I'm pretty old compared to the rest of you..........65........LOL. I've been lifting weights for about 1.5 years now and love it. I'm nursing a shoulder injury so not able to do a few things but still getting my squats, deadlifts and bent over rows in along with a lot of accessory stuff. Adding bench press back in this week with dumbbells for now but the OHP will have to wait a bit longer.

I'm very active here on my newsfeed and several groups.

Add me if you want.........I'll at least cheer you on!

I've convinced quite a few "older" females to try weight lifting. It makes all the difference at any age.....IMO!
  • RunningofftheEX
    luluinca wrote: »
    I'm pretty old compared to the rest of you..........65........LOL. I've been lifting weights for about 1.5 years now and love it. I'm nursing a shoulder injury so not able to do a few things but still getting my squats, deadlifts and bent over rows in along with a lot of accessory stuff. Adding bench press back in this week with dumbbells for now but the OHP will have to wait a bit longer.

I've convinced quite a few "older" females to try weight lifting. It makes all the difference at any age.....IMO!

Shoulder injuries are no fun. I just saw my doc Friday and was convinced I tore something. Was told arthritis and bench press, Flys and so on in flames it. So he recommended glucosamine and so far seems to help. Add sent.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    luluinca wrote: »

Shoulder injuries are no fun. I just saw my doc Friday and was convinced I tore something. Was told arthritis and bench press, Flys and so on in flames it. So he recommended glucosamine and so far seems to help. Add sent.

I was diagnosed with frozen shoulder a couple of weeks ago. A shot of cortisone and two and a half weeks of PT later it's getting better. I tried to work through an injury for a few months and it just kept getting worse....LOL. I won't try that again! It forced me to take up running though!

Hope yours feels better soon!
  • RunningofftheEX
    Thanks
  • RunningofftheEX
    Anyone who wants an active friend just add
  • RunningofftheEX
    Anybody on here use bodybuilding.com?