Feel like a failure.

Options
I have been tracking and working out for 3 weeks and eating sooooo good. And then this week happened. I feel like such a failure bc I knew what I was doing when I was doing it....but I did it any way. I'm pissed at myself.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What did you do when doing it? We all of little bumps in the road. Keep doing your very best everyday, forget yesterday.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    As the saying goes, if you got a flat tyre, would you slash the other 3?
  • ckfox95
    ckfox95 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath. You are not a failure. It's ok to slip, we all do. What's important is that you move on, brush it off, get back on track and for Pete's sake...don't give up!! One day won't ruin anything. I have had many of those days, believe me :smile:
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Although you may feel it, you are NOT a failure. You are doing your best and on that road, there are occasional bumps. We have all had them. It doesn't mean it's over. Keep on going!
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Failure is good. Failure is what allows you to find what you're doing wrong and fix it. Failure is knowing your limits so you can push passed them. Failure is what drives you to do better. Don't let failure be a downfall or bad thing - look at it as a way to better yourself.
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey for many years of dieting once I had a 'failure' day it was an excuse to give up altogether and get back to my old ways. Well this time it's different, one bad day won't ruin the days and days and days of being on track. One day at a time eh, just get back on track and move on. Think about next month,next six month or a year from now and one bad day won't impact on that goal.
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    minamina27 wrote: »
    Hey for many years of dieting once I had a 'failure' day it was an excuse to give up altogether and get back to my old ways. Well this time it's different, one bad day won't ruin the days and days and days of being on track. One day at a time eh, just get back on track and move on. Think about next month,next six month or a year from now and one bad day won't impact on that goal.
    . Same here. No one single day ruins it all for me anymore. Shake it off and start anew tomorrow.

• healthymom131
    healthymom131 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't let it mess you up. It's really hard to change your eating habits after eating a certain way for so long. I'm still dealing with this every day, but I tell myself if I go back to my old ways the scale is going to be moving in the wrong direction!!! Keep up the good work, you can do this!!!!
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do this too, I think many of us do. But I've got a lot better at saying ' so what! I can get back on that horse' and I do. It's not about perfection but keeping going, that's all you need to do. Just take a bit of time to think about why you had a bad week - if you can't find the answer that's ok. But it might be you need to change the type of foods you are eating, it could be TTOTM, you are stressed, not eating enough or enough filling foods, all sorts of reasons. Then just get back in the saddle!
  • FitKat123
    FitKat123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Once you log what you ate, and confront the facts, it gets better. Some people say they don't log the bad days but for me the biggest part was the fear of confronting what I've done. But after that I can take a deep breath and carry on.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Failure is such a strong word, it is the sum of days like today not just today....

So, now what ya gonna do in the future? I hope you logged it ALL.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    JPBgrad98 wrote: »
    Failure is good. Failure is what allows you to find what you're doing wrong and fix it. Failure is knowing your limits so you can push passed them. Failure is what drives you to do better. Don't let failure be a downfall or bad thing - look at it as a way to better yourself.
    eringurl33 wrote: »
    minamina27 wrote: »
    . Same here. No one single day ruins it all for me anymore. Shake it off and start anew tomorrow.
    ckfox95 wrote: »
    Take a deep breath. You are not a failure. It's ok to slip, we all do. What's important is that you move on, brush it off, get back on track and for Pete's sake...don't give up!! One day won't ruin anything. I have had many of those days, believe me :smile:

• KendraMonster
    KendraMonster Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We all mess up, its what we do with that knowledge afterwards...
  • mmmpork
    mmmpork Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and maintenance is a journey that is not only physical but emotional too. Setbacks happen. The important thing is to understand why they happen. In this case, is there a deeper emotional issue you are struggling with that could be causing you to sabotage your weight loss efforts? Or perhaps you simply need to adjust your diet? Maybe you're creating too much of a calorie deficit, or you're not eating enough <insert macronutrient here>. I found some articles that are chock full of practical science-based information. The first one is a general "How to Lose Weight" article [1] and the second provides an accurate way for estimating your maintenance calories [2]. Both have helped me to set realistic targets and have provided help for troubleshooting when those targets aren't working. You'll need to continue to adapt your diet as your body changes on this journey. Don't give up, just see setbacks and signs you need to reconfigure your approach!

[1] http://www.completehumanperformance.com/properly-lose-weight/
    [2] http://www.completehumanperformance.com/calorie-needs/
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    As the saying goes, if you got a flat tyre, would you slash the other 3?

This is a truly splendid way of looking at it!

(I laughed, picturing the angry tire slashing visuals)