Powdered Peanut Butter

Options
I love peanut butter but 180 for 2 tablespoons, yikes! So I went out and bought some Jif powdered peanut butter. Gag, it was awful. I had to add a tspn of honey for flavor. Do you guys have one you like, our should I just stick with the real thing.

Replies

• megablackk1d
    megablackk1d Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Try PB2 or PBFIT it's way better, but nothing is better than real peanutbutter
  • gusucci
    gusucci Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    try the Kraft unsweetened peanut butter
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    PB2 is good. That was the first kind I tried and I really liked it, so the next one I bought was Jif because it was slightly cheaper. Blech. I can make it palatable if I add a bit of splenda and a dash of salt though. My next purchase will be PB2. When I had, I could not tell the difference between it and regular peanut butter and I could eat it by itself. The Jif, I have to spread it or mix it after adding stuff to it because it's gross.
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    PB2 is good. That was the first kind I tried and I really liked it, so the next one I bought was Jif because it was slightly cheaper. Blech. I can make it palatable if I add a bit of splenda and a dash of salt though. My next purchase will be PB2. When I had, I could not tell the difference between it and regular peanut butter and I could eat it by itself. The Jif, I have to spread it or mix it after adding stuff to it because it's gross.

Yeah I had to add the honey just to eat it. I'm going to have to try the PB2
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    gusucci wrote: »
    try the Kraft unsweetened peanut butter

I might give this one a shot as well
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    Jbell0213 wrote: »
    I love peanut butter but 180 for 2 tablespoons, yikes! So I went out and bought some Jif powdered peanut butter. Gag, it was awful. I had to add a tspn of honey for flavor. Do you guys have one you like, our should I just stick with the real thing.

No NOTHING is as good as the real thing. :smiley:
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I eat real peanut butter in moderation and use PB2 or Just Great Stuff powder in protein shakes.
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    I eat real peanut butter in moderation and use PB2 or Just Great Stuff powder in protein shakes.

I might try this as well. I don't eat it everyday. So it won't hurt me to much. :smile:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I don't use the try peanut butter in place of real stuff. I use it for the peanut butter flavor in yogurt, smoothies, etc.
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    PB2 is pretty good. Not as good as the real stuff, but sometimes "pretty good" is good enough and other times it's worth splurging on real PB.

I think it's best in stuff... Drinks, ice cream, etc. (yes, mix a bit in with your favorite ice cream. So good)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    PB2 is pretty good. Everyone is my house likes it. Real peanut butter is obviously better, but if you don't have the calories for that PB2 is definitely a good option. I put it oatmeal, shakes, and dip apples or celery in it.

The Jif version is nasty. I tried it and couldn't believe how horrible it tasted. No one in my house would eat it. I passed it off to my mom and she said it was so gross that she just tossed it. I won't buy it again.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Pb2 is legit
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Smucker's All Natural Peanut Butter, no sugar in that either, just peanuts and salt. There is another brand that Walmart carries that is just peanuts. Tried the PB2, it's okay, but I'll stick to the real stuff
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    For anyone in the UK... Meridian organic nut butters are absolutely lush.

http://www.meridianfoods.co.uk/Products/Speciality-Nut-Butters
  • CollieFit
    Options
    I love the cashew butter and the almond one is really nice too.
  • CollieFit
    Options
    I had never even heard of PB2 and googled it. It sounds bloody awful.
    http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/
  • LowCoffinLucifie
    LowCoffinLucifie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use the jif peanut butter powder and i LOVE IT, buttt i only use it for my banana smoothies so I dont know if that helps any.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    powered peanut butter is like eating someones sad memory of peanut butter.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    I had never even heard of PB2 and googled it. It sounds bloody awful.
    http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/

It may sound awful but it is an easy way to add peanut butter flavor to a shake. I don't like it as a peanut butter substitue, though. Regardless, foodbabe is worthy of nothing but derision.
    gawker.com/the-food-babe-blogger-is-full-of-*kitten*-1694902226
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I have PB2 in "case" I run out of real peanut butter. It's "okay".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png