Replies

• QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am actually now craving a chicken mayo sandwich --
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Some restaurants serve whole chickens for one. It seems like a lot. Somehow I was reminded of ancient kings with a spread containing multiple roasted beasts set before them.
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere yesterday ( no idea if it's true or not) that we eat like 1million chickens a day!!!
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    [My husband cooks ones for us and gets about 5 meals from it. from peices to the end where he makes tacos.

• RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That was sure rude of her to say... I mean, even stopping at the store to buy rotisserie chicken is far less lazy (and healthier) than pulling through the drive-thru at some fast food joint.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I love rotisserie chicken. We have the breasts with a mixed salad and homemade chunky chips [fries] and then I make a chicken and mango curry with the legs and thighs.

The person calling you lazy was very rude - what did she want you to do....rear, kill and cook a chicken?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It's pretty hilarious, lol. Heck I couldn't eat half a chicken.

And I don't really see how that's lazy either, I mean sure, you could buy a chicken for $2 cheaper maybe, but then you still have to roast it, so it's totally worth the $2 to buy it roasted IMO.

Now I'm craving roasted chicken.

me too....... lololol
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would have been too busy having a chat with her supervisor about the "lazy" comment to worry about how many meals I would get out of that chicken.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I love chicken and I normally eat 1 whole roast chicken by myself after a long run, and I'm still hungry afterwards! About 850g of meat, wish I could do it everyday
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »
    I would have been too busy having a chat with her supervisor about the "lazy" comment to worry about how many meals I would get out of that chicken.

Yeah. I wouldn't have bothered myself, but if she makes it a habit to make rude comments to people for buying what her employer is trying to sell, you probably won't be seeing her there much more.
  • Moudd
    Moudd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh crap... Am I the only one who actually eats a whole chicken for lunch? Tbh i usually have a side next to it as well lol
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love rotisserie chicken too! I always cut a lemon in half, squeeze it over the chicken, put the remainder in the cavity and bake it for another 30 minutes at 300 degrees. I like my chicken really done (crispy wing bones, and not greasy). My husband and I eat it for two meals (usually a dinner and a lunch)and then it goes in to the freezer to make soup.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    The employee selling the chicken was really dumb to say to a customer that they were too lazy to cook for their family if they buy a cooked chicken. That is offensive. Do they really think everyone who buys cooked food from that store is being lazy? I'm going to buy a loaf of bread rather than baking bread myself because I have better things to do with my time than bake bread every day. Bring on the judgement.
    The other person may have been saying that it isn't unusual to get whole chickens to eat rather than just buy pieces not saying it is normal for one person to consume a whole chicken in one meal. It is weird that they jumped in with that comment but I think they were just not being clear.
    I've had cashiers say weird stuff like telling me string cheese I was buying from that store was too costly/wasteful. What if I said she was right and refused to purchase it after she enlightened me?
    Sometimes people just shouldn't talk.
  • ValBFP4H
    ValBFP4H Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate when people feel the need to comment on what I buy. Especially ones who do not know me. I'd have probably said something "smart" back to them.
    We buy rotisserie chicken about twice a month. If it's on sale it comes out less then if I buy a chicken and roast it myself,saving me time and money.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Like I said, I was too shocked that she thought I could eat the whole thing to even take her seriously on the lazy comment. Haha :wink: I think that went straight over my head.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Roasting chicken is easy. A little prep, and the oven does the work.