I LOVE PIZZA

I have a pizza addiction lol what's a healthier alternative or the next best thing to actual pizza?

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    There is no alternative to good pizza. Just eat a bit less. Besides, it's essentially bread, cheese and tomatoes. Oh, and basil if you have good taste. What could possibly be wrong with that?
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Low carb bread, tomatoes, garlic powder, low fat mozzarella cheese, bake in the oven!
  • BodayJohnnay
    BodayJohnnay Posts: 185 Member
    edited February 2016
    AlanahBeez wrote: »
    I have a pizza addiction lol what's a healthier alternative or the next best thing to actual pizza?

Lunchables ;)
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    I've seen people do joseph's flax pita bread for the crust with pizza sauce and a little cheese on top. Macro's are unreal. It's no dominos, just it's the best alternative.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I just eat less of regular old pizza. Maybe instead of ordering like an extra large, get a medium and eat a couple slices. Or get thin crust.

Moderation, not deprivation.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Find a good thin crust if you're going out for pizza. The crust can be killer on the calories.

Try different toppings, like a veggie or chicken pizza.

Make one at home, using flatbread as the crust and going easy on the cheese.

I love pizza.

~Lyssa
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    OMP33 wrote: »
    I've seen people do joseph's flax pita bread for the crust with pizza sauce and a little cheese on top. Macro's are unreal. It's no dominos, just it's the best alternative.

The best alternative to dominos is pretty much any place but dominos. (Except Little Caesar's)
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2016
    Either get it from a quality restaurant that makes an authentic pizza or make one at home. I can't even eat the cheapo stuff now. One thing about counting calories - I've become a food snob about some things LOL. It's a good thing....less temptation to go over. It has to be worth the calories. Have a nice salad first then eat a piece or two or whatever fits your day.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Make your own so you can control amounts of toppings and use whole ingredients. Have the good stuff but just watch your portion size.6iw6klbkix6p.jpg
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    I eat 2 slices of no meat veggie pizza evrey other Sunday. I have still lost a whole lot of weight, and gotten my cholesterol from a bit on the high side to very healthy. like evrey one else said, moderation is key.
  • Ninkyou wrote: »
    I just eat less of regular old pizza. Maybe instead of ordering like an extra large, get a medium and eat a couple slices. Or get thin crust.

Moderation, not deprivation.

THIS exactly.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    I make this: a small wholemeal pitta bread, spread some tomato puree on, add chopped sun-dried tomato, a few chunks of boiled butternut squash, black pepper, cover with low-fat hard cheese (I use smoked soya cheese) and grill under a low flame till cheese melts and bubbles. About 250 cals.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Oh one thing I love - it's not pizza but it's good and has pizza type flavor. A large Portobello cap that is roasted first to get it to let out some water, then stuff it with sauce, cheese and your toppings of choice. If you want to limit calories even further, use grated parmesan instead of any other cheese - it's strong on flavor and doesn't take much. I also sprinkle a little extra oregano over the top. Some roasted garlic would be great on it too.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    eat less. i try and have some veggies and some chicken on two slices, and call it a meal.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Thinner crust, less cheese, lower-calorie toppings, fewer slices.

Or have the good, fatty stuff less regularly.