Texas girl needs to lose 100lbs!

Options
2»

Replies

• shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm not a girl and I don't live in Texas but otherwise I was in the exact same boat 2 years ago. I too was overweight my whole life. Also, like you, I didn't hate my body. My decision to do something about my weight was more for my future. MFP along with starting to run helped me turn my health around. Feel free to add me. If you have any specific questions, ask away.
  • Oliver_Cat_13
    Oliver_Cat_13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Hannah, and like a lot of you, I have a lot of weight to lose. I started at 325 about a month ago and have lost almost 15 pounds. I've got about 150 more to lose, so I'd love some friends to help hold me accountable and motivate me.

I'm currently doing mostly low-carb because my boyfriend is diabetic and that's what his doctor recommended to help keep his diabetes under control. We live together and I do the majority of the cooking so it's just easier if I follow the low-carb diet, too. I also have a family history of diabetes so anything I can do to help prevent it is fine by me!

I'm a daily logger (38 day streak as of today) and I plan to keep it up. Feel free to send me a friend request (anyone in the thread, not just OP).
  • Smallerjojo2015
    Smallerjojo2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have lost 121 lbs so far
    Things that worked for me
    Weigh and log all food and drink
    If you like a full plate put lots of low calorie veg or salad on it
    Don't cut something out of you diet unless you have to ( I have to as diabetic t2 ) if you try to cut out say chocolate you will want it so much so have a tiny bit within your calories
    Use a smaller plate / dish makes you think you are having more
    Exercise does not have to be in a gym : do lots of housework, gardening , walking , dancing all count
    I have to go low carb because of diabetes so make cauliflower rice and vegetables noodles.. They are a lot less Calories
    If you mess up on one meal don't let it mess up the rest of the day /week
    Find food you will enjoy - if you don't enjoy your food you will not keep to diet long term
    I had a piece of clothing in a size smaller it was good to try it on to how near you are to it each week/month
    ( I started as a uk size 30/32 and now I am a uk size 16/18 I still have more to lose )
    I had to find cheap clothes as they was getting to big for me so fast at the beginning
    Weight loss does slow down sometimes
    Weigh in once a week at about the same time as weight will go up and down in a day
    Remember you can do this one day at a time
  • Matthewpaver
    Matthewpaver Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm on the journey from 355lbs to 210, still about 70 to go so know the feeling of having 2-3 digits to lose. To get this far I had to think of it more as a lifestyle change than a diet or programme where you can't have the occasional rubbish. No "diet" needed, just eat a balance of good foods with a bit of activity and aim to change your lifestyle for longer term results vs getting annoyed at yourself for having a bag of chips or something. Just try to limit the junk of course. Takes time, and unfortunately a lot of people want quick fixes. It's taken me a year to lose 70lbs+, but I've done it for long term change rather than the 20 other times I've tried and failed. Now I don't even think about junk and its really easy to say no when offered, but I only achieved it by thinking long term change. We can all do it, just have to keep consistent and persistent.
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am from San Antonio but now I live in New England. Austin is great town! I sure do miss Texas sometimes...
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am living about an hour away from Austin. Happy to hear about your health decision! Feel free to add me!
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good luck. One day at a time and you will get there