Supplements

Options
rebuia
rebuia Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2016 in Getting Started
I was prescribed contrave today anyone else take it or have taken it have read a lot of reviews and some are scary if anyone could offer any advise or support before I take my first pill

Replies

• ajk71379
    ajk71379 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My doctor wants to prescribe it too. Have you started?
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Contrave is not a supplement, it's a medicine. A little confused by your title versus the question you asked which seem to be disparate.

A better question would be, do you not trust your doctor enough to do what they say without asking perfect strangers for advice that may or may not be educated to a level anywhere near that of your doctor? If the answer is yes, you may need to consider changing doctors.
  • rebuia
    Options
    @ajk71379 I have started it and no side effects what so ever down four ponds in one week I am on a low calorie diet and I walk about 2 miles everyday but so far so good!!
  • rebuia
    Options
    @BecomingBane Thanks for you so not need comment if you didn't have any advise or info on my question why post? The community is here to ask others for advise and that's what I did so please thanks Again for showing that ppl just like to hear there selves talk or in your case see them selves type good day Sir!!!
  • ajk71379
    ajk71379 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    rebuia wrote: »
    @BecomingBane Thanks for you so not need comment if you didn't have any advise or info on my question why post? The community is here to ask others for advise and that's what I did so please thanks Again for showing that ppl just like to hear there selves talk or in your case see them selves type good day Sir!!!

"not need comment" - you post in a public forum - you'll get replies, whether they are needed or not needed, liked by you or not.

"didn't have any advise" - he did provide an a advice, a very good one, I might add.

There is nothing wrong for validating doctor's opinion, but when you post on a public forum, you got to be prepared to take good, bad, and the ugly.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    rebuia wrote: »
    @ajk71379 I have started it and no side effects what so ever down four ponds in one week I am on a low calorie diet and I walk about 2 miles everyday but so far so good!!

The first week I started eating clean and drinking lots of water I lost about 5 lbs without a pill. Now that is great and all but, I'm not sure I would attribute it all to the pill. Your body stores alot of water if you are eating a ton of sodium like most Americans. The first week could easily be you losing that extra water. You would really need to compare it to without the pill to know.