Sweating for the... Baby

Options
Hello everyone! I am overweight, BMI 33 and trying to lost weight to have a healthy pregnancy. I've jade 3 miscarriages so far and doctors can't find a physical problem so decided I needed to try and lose. I am currently 170 and don't want to conceive until I hit at least 150 which would put me in BMI 30.

Anyone else losing weight for pregnancy purposes?

Replies

• kbishoprn
    kbishoprn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm somewhat in the same boat. I'm overweight and pregnant. Was about 200# when I got pregnant. I am on here to not really lose weight (at the moment) but to have a healthy pregnancy. I wish you the best of luck.
  • shadylane88
    shadylane88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im also sweating for the baby! I was pregnant last year but i miscarried early on. I really want to be healthier and try again. I dont have any kids yet, but this could be my year. *fingers crossed*
  • ForBabyW
    ForBabyW Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you both! I don't knew how to add people or I would for motivation!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Sort of. We hope to start TTC in a year, so I'm wanting to be in peak physical condition. I'm already fit and strong but I'd like to drop my body fat percentage a bit more. I've also been cutting back on alcohol.
  • mandalitt
    mandalitt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose weight before getting pregnant! My husband and I will begin TTC in a couple of months. We don't have any children yet and are trying to make better choices now for a healthier future for all of us. Feel free to add me :)
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Imy very sorry to hear about your loses. I had a miscarriage before having my daughter.
    Good luck to you and I hope you reach your goal and achieve a healthy pregnancy!!
    Feel free to add me!
  • ForBabyW
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I don't know how to add so if anyone wants to add me for motivation be my guest!
  • lizetrombley
    lizetrombley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This was me 3 years ago. Was 200 pounds and had 8 miscarriages, i went down to 170 got pregnant and had a healthy baby. I gained only 5 pounds during pregnancy due to morning sickness...
  • Heidy1992
    Heidy1992 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been trying for a while with no success. So I'm trying to lose weight to see if that helps. Add me I need support and I'm sure I can/will support yall too!!
  • ForBabyW
    Options
    So nice to hear ladies who know what the struggle is like. We can all do this!!
  • asakeba
    asakeba Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain.I'm in the same boat. The weight loss is really slow. It's taken me a month so far to loose 5lbs :( but i'll soldier on. Good luck
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose weight before my husband and I TTC in June. It will be our first try, and I want to be as healthy as possible going into it! Feel free to add me! Also, my goal is 150 as well, currently down to 166