Help!!! I haven't been losing weight

Options
Hello everyone

I just started my weight loss journey. I only need to lose 5 to 10 pounds. Since I started my journey I have been counting calories and working out but I am having a slow progress. It has been over a month and I have only lost 1.8lb. I am working so hard. I have cut down on sugar and a lot of the things I was eating. I don't know what to do. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• LYNBODY10
    LYNBODY10 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I also did everything. Better go to the doctor. Maybe there are some health concerns about the slow progress. Search it also in the internet.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    That's a perfectly normal rate of weight loss considering how little you have to lose to get to your goal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    With only 5 to 10 pounds to lose, your loss is going to be slow. Make sure you're logging everything as accurately as possible (this usually means using a food scale to weigh all foods/measuring cups for all liquids, being mindful of exercise calories, ensuring the entries you use in your diary are accurate) and it will happen.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I thought the word "journey" can only be used for over 50 lbs? Anyway, search the forum for "flow chart". If any new questions come up, post them. :+1:
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    LYNBODY10 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me. I also did everything. Better go to the doctor. Maybe there are some health concerns about the slow progress. Search it also in the internet.

Lol, little dramatic don't you think?
  • BodayJohnnay
    BodayJohnnay Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    How is your body fat % currently?
    Its possible your weight is maintaining around the same, but lost body fat and replaced with muscle. Happens to many people, few of my clients said the same but their clothes fit better and notice more energy. Healthier lifestyle gains woo!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    With only 5 to 10 pounds to lose, your loss is going to be slow. Make sure you're logging everything as accurately as possible (this usually means using a food scale to weigh all foods/measuring cups for all liquids, being mindful of exercise calories, ensuring the entries you use in your diary are accurate) and it will happen.

^ This. Your loss rate actually sounds very sustainable, which means you'll be better able to keep it off when you do get to goal. Stay patient. You'll get there if you keep it up.