Any nightshifters out there!!??

Options
I work night shift and I'm just trying to find some friends in the same boat. Need some tibs and ideas on living healthier on this shift!!

Replies

• kdogni
    kdogni Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Right here nites
  • SWellz
    SWellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I rotate, but I'm on nights for the next month. I wish I knew how to do it healthier haha but I'm trying just like you.
  • Marg672
    Marg672 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Nights here! Been doing poorly with my choices lately. It helps me if I bring all my food/snacks from home.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    12 hour nights. I bring my own food and do the best I can.
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do eve/night doubles on weekends and found that bringing my own food and leaving the cash/change at home is the only way I can stay on track. I pre-log my food before I leave the house and log midnight to midnight in 8 hour blocks (12a-8, 8a-3, 3p-12) instead of BLD & Snacks. I can't always depend on an uninterrupted lunch or snack time, so I choose things that are either small/quick, munchable over time (nuts), or that will taste ok regardless of how many times it gets reheated.

I can usually stay on track every day but my last double (I end up being up from 2pm Sunday evening and working until 8am Monday morning, back up after a 2hr nap or so and stay up all day Monday- generally lots of food logged on Mondays).

Good luck!