Need something high in calories, and protein, BUT LOW in Sodium

Options
MacroMan2016
MacroMan2016 Posts: 11 Member
Hard to find what you need, with all the important things you are looking for.

Replies

• PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You are probably best off adding something thats high in calories to something high in protein. Like, add unsalted butter or olive oil to chicken.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Porterhouse steak cooked at home. Has protein and fat and plenty of calories.
    http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/the-leanest-and-fattiest-cuts-of-steak
  • RunningWithSnails
    Options
    I had the same problem not too long ago.
    Now I make a 1200 calorie shake with 60 plus grams of protein.
    1 cup of oats
    1 cup of milk
    .5 cup of raspberry and blueberry
    2 scoops of protein
    1 banana
    And a tablespoon of Nutella

Shakes helped me out a lot but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's always tricky to find that combo.

Not being able to eat meat or dairy, at the end of a day I'm always high in carbs (so that smoothie above wouldn't work), but below protein and calorie goals. I found the answer for me was an organic vegan protein powder - MRM Veggie Protein. It's very low in carbs, so it's perfect for targeting that one macro by itself. A lot of protein powders also have loads of sugar or artificial sweeteners, but this one is clean.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0052ONXWQ/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What I tend to do now is mix a bit of the protein powder in with my morning breakfast porridge. That way I can head off the "giant gap" factor in my protein before it happens each day.

Hope this helps!

PS: I know a lot of people use whey protein (animal based) but I can't (causes inflammation in my joints) so I researched this Vegan powder - apparently the worlds strongest man swears by it.