I deeply regret eating bad today.

2»

Replies

• SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    I freaking hope this is a JOKE.

Done with these forums. Just effing done now.

Is this post a joke? This person is new here and she's a young adult. I don't know what your problem is??

• jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    You should stop with the bad food /good food idea. Food is food it's neither bad or good. Eat what ever the effects you want, just make it fit into the calorie goals mfp gives you. Search here and read about CiCo that's all that matters.
  • ysalgad2
    ysalgad2 Posts: 17 Member
    You're all so insightful on the subject, all this info has helped lots! So I take it that weight loss will have to happen slow in order for those pounds not to come back. Ahhh and I though a strict diet would be a quick fix :l but now I can at least enjoy a cheeseburger once in a while :D thank you everyone :)
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    There is no bad food and if you've had salt of any kind whether it's from you adding it or it's in the food EXPECT weight if up to 5 pounds. Hang around MFP and you will be greatly helped by the knowledgeable and very helpful people here. And good luck. You will get it all figured out.
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    ysalgad2 wrote: »
    You're all so insightful on the subject, all this info has helped lots! So I take it that weight loss will have to happen slow in order for those pounds not to come back. Ahhh and I though a strict diet would be a quick fix :l but now I can at least enjoy a cheeseburger once in a while :D thank you everyone :)

Oh HECK yeah ... and a milkshake. But make sure you plan for it. You don't want to eat all your daily calories by noon and have none left for later in the day. That's a recipe for a bad day. However, we all have bad days now and then. If you do, shake it off, learn from it ... and get right back to good the next day. Don't give up.
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    And yes ... slow is good. Learning how to avoid having to look for a 'quick fix' ever again is VERY good.
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2016
    Food prison mentality. This is what it leads to imo. A freak out after a single meal.

There is some good advice in this thread though regarding calorie deficit management. Your weight loss goals need to include more than just diet. Exercise is a necessity to avoid "food prison" behaviour. It gives you faster progress and more flexibility with your calorie intake, taking the pressure off the whole situation.

That said, I don't know what height you are, but 212 lbs is quite a bit if you're under (say) 5'9". I would see a doctor before diving into exercise to get a safe plan together.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2016
    I've been told by a few people that going hardcore dieting at the begging is a great way to get fast results.
    While you might get fast results, if you're a normal person you will probably also burn out and give up. For me I found that starting out slow and getting stricter as I got closer to my goal was easier. At the beginning I ONLY worried about calories. I did not think about macros, exercise, sugars, sodium, cholesterol. These things I have slowly started to try to get more in line over the last year of maintaining. And I've been maintaining for a year. I haven't burnt out because I allow myself to have everything in moderation. You can totally do this thing. If you want to add me my diary is open so you can see the kinds of 'bad' foods that fit within my macros and calories lol.

• katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member

Wow it's so nice to actually read a thread in these forums where OP gets told what they're doing wrong and doesn't go super defensive and pissed off! There is some good advice here; don't get disheartened by the occasional over-indulgence :)
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    katiebean wrote: »
    Wow it's so nice to actually read a thread in these forums where OP gets told what they're doing wrong and doesn't go super defensive and pissed off!

Yeah, nice job OP with the good attitude. Keep it up and you'll hit your goals.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    You won't gain weight from overeating on an omelette or if you didn't overeat you just ate the "wrong" thing one bad food won't mess up your entire diet. You will likely gain some water weight but nothing more just like the weight spike you spoke of. Sorry you're feeling so discouraged just keep pushing through dont make excuses for yourself and if you mess up dont continue to mess up since you already did that's a dangerous attitude to have.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    I freaking hope this is a JOKE.

Done with these forums. Just effing done now.

Is this post a joke? This person is new here and she's a young adult. I don't know what your problem is??

Agreed. People with nothing useful to say and rude to top it off are the most annoying.