Pressups
Sit ups
Chest press
Squats
Lunges
Plank...

I want a new gym programme.

I enjoyed circuits classes .

I now have 2 children, husband works shifts and want to try something different. My goals are weight loss and toning up (I am pear shaped and have never had slim thighs but I now have a bit of a belly. I'd like to make my better bits look good -arms...ankles!!! Ha ha).
I have started a home workout 2 x per week (ewa chodowoska sp???) Which is using own body weight and more for toning. I play netball 1 x per week. I want a new gym programme which will keep me motivated and have visible effects asap. I don't mind working incredibly hard in the gym... What would you do? Thanks

Replies

• kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I use StrongLifts 5x5 for strength training -- I run -- and one day a week I get in a spin class -- would like to increase to 2 spin classes per week and need to be more consistent on the running during the cold weather.
  • squidgy10
    squidgy10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What are 5x5? I'm looking to change my workout to do something new. It is old and so much research has been done since then. X
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    squidgy10 wrote: »
    What are 5x5? I'm looking to change my workout to do something new. It is old and so much research has been done since then. X

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

But you need all the weights, bench, and rack to do it.

Sounds to me like you basically only have 2 days a week available cause of life and are trying to hit all the major muscles groups and maintain your cardio?
  • squidgy10
    squidgy10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My gym has all that equipment but the area is usually teeming with groups of weight trainers! Looks like I'll have to be brave and bold!..and not care about looking stupid. I can get to the gym 2-3 times per week (a solid 2 with and extra where possible). Used to go for long runs but it stopped having any real affect on looks (I did become a lot fitter) and I seemed to lose tone (probably because I was spending most of my time running and let resistance training go).