Who feels thinner but the scale doesn't change or goes up?!

Options
Who is feeling thinner but the scale is the same or higher?

Replies

• gmcgarv71
    gmcgarv71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do! I just posted something about this. Though - I don't feel THAT much thinner. Just hungrier.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Last week I put my skinniest jeans on right out of the dryer and they were a little loose. B) Three people that day asked if I'd lost more weight (have been maintaining for a few months). :) The scale said I'd gained 1.4 lbs. :o
  • annabelle668
    annabelle668 Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So, I'm wondering if I should lower my calories to see weight loss?!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do the majority if my assessment of success by how my clothes fit, and if I need to have them altered or get new ones! My shape has definitely changed and I am over the moon about it. Pushing 40 pound loss, but at least 3 pant sizes.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    So, I'm wondering I need to lower my calories to see weight loss?!

that is how that works ....

also take measurements once a month. sometimes that is a better gauge of how you are doing.

and dont forget to WEIGH ALL YOUR FOOD and LOG IT
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    So, I'm wondering if I should lower my calories to see weight loss?!

That depends on many factors. You should not expect to lose weight every day or even every week. If you have been eating X number of calories for several weeks without any loss, then it's probably time to eat less.
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    For the first 20 pound loss, it was steady falling off at 1 lb/week. Lately I seem to cycle between weeks where the scale goes down, and weeks where the scale doesn't move much but my measurements go down. So either way, I am happy and encouraged to keep going. Even if you have a plateau, keep going, don't give up!