Abs and a belly?

Options
So I'm laughing about this in the mirror this morning. GUYS I AM STARTING TO SEE MY BABY ABS APPEARING!!
But I still have not lost the ever stubborn belly fat from my lower belly. It's a weird combo.

Should I keep my exercise routine consistent and work on my nutrition or should I amp up my lifting/cardio? I'm comfortable doing either.

Xoxo

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen and exercise is for health. Keep doing what you are doing :)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Just keep on your calorie deficit, no reason to stop lifting as you know that help retain muscles.
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Focus on the nutrition. The abs will come. My lower abs are my last spot to show too. Just be patient and stick with what has worked to get you to this point as long as you feel it is still progressing (meaning you haven't hit a plateau that might require some shaking things up).
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat lol. I always have been ever since I swam in high school it seems no matter how big my stomach gets my abs still peek through.
  • neela1880
    neela1880 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Same here, I have some abs definition but still have the belly pooch
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    At least you are seeing progress somewhere important... So far my wrists and ankles are thinner.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Everyone has abs, it is just that most keep it hidden under a layer of fat. Lose the fat and the abs will show.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Everyone has abs, it is just that most keep it hidden under a layer of fat. Lose the fat and the abs will show.

not everyone...

8f896745d3a2288d23a3d22831b63f77cace01bc0b7eaa3041636539a41e39d5.jpg
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Oh, no!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Mine are like that, too! At this point, I'm just satisfied that my lower abs don't look like a little fat pooch anymore. I don't know that they'll ever get defined. All around them gets defined, lol. My obliques higher and down there are rather cool, pelvic bones seen, other abs looking nice (but not a completely defined 4 pack or anything), and then a soft spot between the pelvis. That is my fat storage spot, no doubt at all, lol.

I'm not chasing it, though. I'll be all about the obliques and up higher. I tell you I really am thrilled that mine's even gotten non-poochy (most days). I've had that pooch since puberty! Mine are actually really strong, too, and they feel like it underneath. If I ever get offered free lipo, that'll do ;) Meh, genetics!