Insanity who wants to join me

Options
I have decided to take on insanity quest. Who wants to join me? Never done it before but heard so many good things

Replies

• darrinotoole
    darrinotoole Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just finished week four. It's a great workout, give it your all and it will work for you.
  • laural121
    laural121 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    On my third week :) Loving it
  • TashaaaKayeee
    TashaaaKayeee Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Start my 2nd week tomorrow! It's great!
  • lisa_roberts
    lisa_roberts Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow that's really good I am excited to join you guys. Is there anything you recommend me doing before I start xx
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Wow that's really good I am excited to join you guys. Is there anything you recommend me doing before I start xx

Make sure you pace yourself and make sure you recover properly. I've completed insanity 5 times over the years and I always made sure to have my protein shake ready ( or food ) before I begin and I draw a hot hot bath for afterward to help relax the muscles a bit more. After all that I did some yoga to help further my recovery, especially in my legs.

I never was sore after any of the videos even toward the end when I didn't have to worry about pacing myself. Otherwise have fun and stay motivated
  • lisa_roberts
    Options
    Ok I will do threats the bit that worries me is the muscle aches. as I went and did parafitness group which is like a boot camp. I did 40 mins excise but I hurt for 5 days so ended up doing less excise over the week because I hurt so much.
  • krrbrr
    krrbrr Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm doing Insanity Max 30 (<3), but I did complete Insanity last summer. I stretched, soaked, took long walks, and nothing could help my initial soreness! However, the extreme soreness in me only lasted for the first 2 weeks then it was a much more tolerable soreness.

I think the most important thing to know is your own limits! You look like you're smaller than when I began so you might not struggle as much, but I tried doing Insanity as written and failed then quit a few times. What ended up working for me is doing 2 workouts the first week (Mon & Thurs), 3 workouts the 2nd week (Mon, Wed, & Fri) then going all in on and started the real program on week 3!

I guess my point is, don't be afraid to alter the program a bit to make sure you'll be able to stick with it, because honestly showing up every day and doing it is the hardest part!
  • lisa_roberts
    Options
    Ok thank you for the advice x
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I plan to start this week and would love to join a group.
  • lisa_roberts
    Options
    Karmaheart that's cool, we can do it together I have just finished the fitness test definitely hard work but definitely worth it not sure what to put it under on our exercise on this app??
  • ThreeBusy
    ThreeBusy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm now in week 5 of Insanity. I'm still sore! But I love it! I exercise in the morning, between 4 and 5 am then leave at 6am for work. If I don't work out that early and get it out of the way, I will find every excuse you can think of if I were to wait until at the end of the work day to exercise. I tell my husband that I literally feel as if by body is humming when I'm at work. I haven't weighed or taken any measurements as yet, but my work clothes feel much more comfortable.

It's a great programme. It's a tough programme. I believe that we should listen to our body and not do too much too soon. I try for the 6 days per week but if my body is just exhausted I listen and take it easy for that day.
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Karmaheart that's cool, we can do it together I have just finished the fitness test definitely hard work but definitely worth it not sure what to put it under on our exercise on this app??

I'm not sure either but I plan to get a fitbit or gamin to track calories.
  • thefitnightowl
    thefitnightowl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have decided to take on insanity quest. Who wants to join me? Never done it before but heard so many good things

Hey Lisa, I just began today. I've done insanity several tInes but never made it past week 6! I've gotten my best results with Insanity out of anything I've done! :-) I'm all about the high intensity and get it done attitudes! Fit test kicked my butt! I was thanking god for those 1 minute breaks because in the actual workouts they are only 30 seconds! :-)
    Good luck!! When are you starting? Feel free to friend me!
    -Shannon
  • thefitnightowl
    thefitnightowl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nevermind, I just read you started!! What are your goals for the 63 days??
    Mine is to drop 20 pounds! Ambitiously.....30!!!
  • darrinotoole
    darrinotoole Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Be sure to eat enough food. You'll burn through serious calories on it. It's perfectly fine to be in and around 2000 cals once you've built up enough fitness to get through the workouts. Also, be patient with yourself. I couldn't last 5 mins the first time I did one of the workouts. You'll build up with every one.
  • shianat
    shianat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to try with you all. Ive had the dvd for maybe 3 months and tried once. I was out of shape so i kind of just gave up. Also because its hard just working out in the house but im willing to try again. Please add me!
  • lisa_roberts
    Options
    Hay guys thanks for joining me on the The insanity quest I started yesterday did the fitness test and the same with you guys it kicked my butt I am doing the first workout tonight excited but nervous. If we do it together and post once we finished how we feel we did what we could improve then will be able to finish the quest together I will not be giving up this time !!!
  • lisa_roberts
    Options
    Did the first full work out. Defo hard work and starting to ache though. Steaming hot bath is what I need xx
  • AbbyMchappy
    AbbyMchappy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll join u! I'm did day 3 today so I'm still early days too!!!!
  • MamaBerger23
    MamaBerger23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hay guys thanks for joining me on the The insanity quest I started yesterday did the fitness test and the same with you guys it kicked my butt I am doing the first workout tonight excited but nervous. If we do it together and post once we finished how we feel we did what we could improve then will be able to finish the quest together I will not be giving up this time !!!

Awesome job Lisa! I've done Insanity, Insanity Asylum, and Insanity MAX30 (I'm a bit of a Shaun T/Insanity junkie!) The first week or so is always rough (sore!) but keep on pushing and you'll get amazing results!! ☺️