Lazy Man's Daily Goto Recipes

Options
digitus4468
digitus4468 Posts: 1 Member
I thought I would share a couple quick recipes that I eat almost every day. I can't be bothered, or sometimes just don't have the time (honestly...it's can't be bothered) to make a big production out of cooking a meal for myself. There is nothing life changing here, just some ingredients thrown together that taste good and fill me up.

Morning Frittata

1/2 cup Egg White (60 calories)
Handful of Mixed Greens (5 calories)
2 slices lean chicken, ham or turkey (70 calories)
maybe a bit of cheese (100 calories per ounce)

Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes

Directions: Cook the egg whites on high in a small fry pan, flip and let cook for a few seconds, lift up the egg white with a spatula and place the slices of meat, then cheese if that's your thing, then the handful of mixed greens. Place the egg white back on top and shut off the burner. Let sit for another minute or two, and serve. Delicious! and only 165 calories without the cheese, add another 100 with an ounce of cheese.

Ground __________ Tzatziki Salad

3 to 4 Heaping Handfuls of Mixed Greens (20 calories)
Ground Beef/Chicken/Turkey (50/30/30 calories per ounce)
Cherry Tomatoes (9 calories per 3 tomatoes)
3 tbsp Tzatziki (70 calories)
Franks Red Hot
Your favourite spices

Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes

Put the ground meat in the pan, add your favourite spices (I like 'Slap your Mama!' and some Franks to put some zing in it. While browning the meat, grap a big bowl and slap 3 to 4 handfuls of mixed greens, a bunch of cherry tomatoes and 3 tablespoons of Tzatziki (that's cucumber yogurt dip for those who don't know) into it. When the meat is browned measure your desired amount ( I go anywhwere from 6 to 10 ounces depending on how many calories I have left and how hungry I am) and pour on top. Mix it up and enjoy! This would average 400 calories.

For the time spent, the few ingredients need, and the amazing taste...these recipes are definitely my favourites.

If anyone has some lazy, simple ingredient dishes to share, please post!

Replies

• JojoV1977
    JojoV1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't have the calorie break down or macros, but here is my go to daily breakfast.

1 cup Fage plain yogurt
    .5 cup Cottage cheese
    Small handful of berries (your choice)
    Mix together & enjoy

A tip if you hate cottage cheese like I do...Blend cottage cheese & yogurt in a blender. This masks the texture (no lumps) and taste of the cottage cheese.
  • skincaregirl66
    skincaregirl66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    two eggs in a pan with nonstick spray when they are almost done i toss on 1/4 cup salsa of choice a and 1/4 cup shredded cheese fold it and cook until the cheese melts this is my go to for breakfast, lunch or dinner lol
  • besybkj
    besybkj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fast, Easy and Filling
    On Sunday evenings I make this up for the week.
    Measure into snack baggies:
    1/4 Cup Quick Oats, 1-TBS Cranrasins, dash of Cinnamon
    Daily empty one snack baggie into a cup or bowl add 1/2 cup water
    Microwave and enjoy