Disappearing Members

Options

Replies

• Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    It's the hotel California. They leave but always come back.

Good analogy. I was thinking it was more like crack, but this works, too.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Actually if it was the Hotel California, they could check out anytime they like but they could never leave.

Ya...same thing
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    They are also all prisoners here of their own device.
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    They were probably married and cheating on their spouse with somebody else on here. Happens all the time.

Lmao 100%
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I had super friends with my old mfp account; but for almost a year I was dealing with two family members who were near death at times and another family member who was ill, so I closed my account, as I didn't want to pull others down. When I opened this account, family still had a few near death crisis' (in December and January); but thankfully things are looking a bit hopeful now, so I'm back on track with my goals. I haven't seen my old friends in the forums and I can't remember their specific names. Perhaps your disappearing friends may have been dealing with other things, so I wouldn't take it personal. Best wishes on your journey :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Isn't it fun to reinvent yourself once in awhile
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    There are a few friends I've made here that I would be totally bummed if they just disappeared without any notice. Mostly I'd be worried that something happened to them. :(
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    what's weird is when non concurrent members join the "Chit Chat" thread like its not some sort of club already really

like I think the Chit Chat club attracts different kinds of people than people are serious about weight loss and personal fitness.. like
  • SweetestDreamz
    SweetestDreamz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    They were probably married and cheating on their spouse with somebody else on here. Happens all the time.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    People come and go all the time. That's why it's you that should motivate you. You can't rely on others because stuff like this will happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PLTNM_INC
    PLTNM_INC Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Oh dear God, if I'd lose any of the awesome mutha f'ers on my fl I'd freak out, lolz
  • JustKen74
    JustKen74 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. One of my new friends skipped out for a weekend and her new mfp buddies acted like it was a threatened suicide. Relax!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Is this thread about tucking?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Is this thread about tucking?

HA!
  • cerulean_blue
    cerulean_blue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's annoying but keep motivated!
  • yummymummy29
    yummymummy29 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've found this too! Most my friends are now inactive members :( add me people!! Xx
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Well, it is the second week of February...MFP world gets smaller and smaller the further away you get from New Years...

Don't worry OP, there will be another, albeit smaller wave come May with people desperately trying to drop 50 Lbs before summer and bikini season.

The vast majority who come here go fairly quickly...just like any other diet plan.