(PICS) 25% of my body weight down and about 15lb to go

Options
2»

Replies

• sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone, the forums are such an encouragement. I've been at this for 4 years!! Yep, 4 years. Slow and steady wins the race.

Could not agree more! I'm on the same journey, though not as far along as you and i feel like a slower loss is going to be way more sustainable because it's incremental change and your mind can keep up better with your body and lifestyle.

congrats again!
  • ty_fit0815
    ty_fit0815 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So pretty!! Congrats.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow girl looking good, congrats
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    One word: WOW!
  • aliciavallier
    aliciavallier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great! What an inspiration!
  • erinrschroder
    erinrschroder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I hope I can be as motivated as you and achieve goals I never thought possible
  • PaulMarsden1
    PaulMarsden1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good work
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just, wow.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone, the forums are such an encouragement. I've been at this for 4 years!! Yep, 4 years. Slow and steady wins the race. I've taken a long time to learn to be kind to myself and I'm not looking to rush this, I've changed my lifestyle over the last 4 years and my weight loss has been a side effect of that.

It's been a long hard road and just hope someone sees these and goes you know what, I can do that too!

My stats:
    Age - 28
    Height - 160cm / 5'2"
    SW - 91kg (2012)
    CW - 67.4kg (2016)
    GW - 61kg? I don't know, I will stop when I'm done!
    Calories per day: 1400ish at the moment
    Currently playing around with meal timing and trying 16:8 just to mix things up a bit

Did you experience any setbacks/plateaus over those 4 years? If so how did you manage those? Just curious because I think it's amazing that you stayed focused for that long. You rock!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Wonderful work! Love the blonde hair on you. Thanks for sharing your story and progress pics with us.
  • cdunlap1101
    cdunlap1101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great, and I love your hair!
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! U look sooo good
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Wonderful work! Love the blonde hair on you. Thanks for sharing your story and progress pics with us.

Although it just dawned on me that your profile pic is different hair, cute too! I was looking at the before/after pictures at the top (I don't want you to think I'm dissing your current style).
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Although it just dawned on me that your profile pic is different hair, cute too! I was looking at the before/after pictures at the top (I don't want you to think I'm dissing your current style).

Thanks for the compliment! I change my hair pretty regularly (see new profile pic) and like it both ways so I didn't feel any dissing :)
  • evivahealth
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Did you experience any setbacks/plateaus over those 4 years? If so how did you manage those? Just curious because I think it's amazing that you stayed focused for that long. You rock!

Good question - The answer is yes I certainly did!

I guess it all started 4 years ago when I decided that I was healthy and happy on the inside and I wanted my outward appearance to reflect that. It's taken so long because I haven't missed a single piece of birthday cake, or a romantic dinner out or farewell drinks for friends or anything like that. Life is what happens while we are making other plans! I'm not going to wait until I've reached goal weight to live the way I want. I climbed Mt Kilimanjaro when I was at my heaviest because I had the opportunity and I wasn't going to let being overweight stop me from achieving what I wanted to do.

I go through plateaus but I refer to them as "practice maintenance" periods. There is no mystery reason we stop losing weight on our journey. If we are honest with ourselves we can see the reasons for it. I know in advance when I'll be stressed out (I'm an events/exhibitions planner for a living!) or have lots of social engagements and I know that that month or so I will be practicing maintaining weight. That's a win for me! None of us want to lose weight and then put it all back on again so we have to practice what it will be like to not log calories and not put weight on. I guess I look at it as a life long game plan.

Thank you all for the support and encouragement, you're all wonderful!

• 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I go through plateaus but I refer to them as "practice maintenance" periods.

:D I like that!

Did you use MFP for the whole 4 years?

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success you look wonderful.
  • evivahealth
    edited February 2016
    Options
    75in2013 wrote: »
    I go through plateaus but I refer to them as "practice maintenance" periods.

:D I like that!

Did you use MFP for the whole 4 years?

On and off yeah, every time I wanted to start seeing the numbers on the scale go down I would come back to MFP. I also used a fitbit for a while and I go through phases using Runkeeper to track exercise, but yes, always using MFP to track what I ate... I'd just like to add that I certainly wasn't staying under my calorie goal the whole time otherwise I would have lost the weight a lot faster! haha

My journal is open by the way if anyone wants a sneak peak. You'll see that I don't log all the time and that I've gone through periods of not logging for a month or two.
  • billbraskey
    billbraskey Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    U look like a different person! And im a sucker for curls!!!!!
  • evivahealth
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone for the support. I hope you all kick butt on your own journeys! Xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!