Feel ashamed :(

Options
2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Tattoo day is a day to celebrate. It is much more than just going to get a haircut!

In my day, it would be plenty of shots of alcohol to help with the pain. LOL

I sounds like the 2 cans of coke and Hariobos and energy drink were a win win!

How wired were you after that and with the energy drink too? I hope the crash landing was soft..
  • flick61
    flick61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The only reason to be really ashamed is if you let yourself or someone else down and the only way you can do that right now would be to give up trying all together. Plus just think about telling your son that the day you got your little tattoo is the last day you had a Coke ever. Got to admit I'm an Aussie so not sure what a haribos is so I googled it and it's says they are sugar free and well...might just have helped in the 'end' with the diet.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Cheer yourself up with a pizza.....
  • sharmrp
    sharmrp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    one bad doesn't make you "fat", same as a one good meal doesn't make you "skinny". I would say all things in moderation, although that was a binge, but hey, you are back on it. No guilt. It is what it is. Who hasn't had the whole tub of ben and jerry's when the plan was 3 tablespoons?
  • flimbrick1994
    flimbrick1994 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Tattoo day is a day to celebrate. It is much more than just going to get a haircut!

In my day, it would be plenty of shots of alcohol to help with the pain. LOL

I sounds like the 2 cans of coke and Hariobos and energy drink were a win win!

How wired were you after that and with the energy drink too? I hope the crash landing was soft..

Haha, i was fine after haha i even went to the pub with the partner in the evening hahs that killed me haha xx
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Log it, learn from it, and move on. Don't cut out foods you like from your diet. Learn what an actual portion is, and figure out how to work them into your day. That way, you don't feel like you're depriving yourself of something you enjoy, but can still keep on track.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Thank you, i want to make my Son proud of me when he is older and show him nothing is impossible xx

That is an admirable sentiment. But let me ask you:

If your son were trying to do something--something difficult--that would change his life for the better, and he experienced a set back, would you tell him he should be ashamed? Would you make him feel guilty? Probably not, right? So why are you so hard on yourself?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Thank you, i want to make my Son proud of me when he is older and show him nothing is impossible xx

That is an admirable sentiment. But let me ask you:

If your son were trying to do something--something difficult--that would change his life for the better, and he experienced a set back, would you tell him he should be ashamed? Would you make him feel guilty? Probably not, right? So why are you so hard on yourself?

This is the best question.

How would you react to someone you love who told you this exact same story? I doubt you would tell them the things you are telling yourself.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Times they are a changing. A girl goes and gets a tattoo and drinks a Coke and feels ashamed about the Coke. Why, in my day people got properly drunk before getting tattoos and just hid the tattoos. And they weren't bags of gummy bears. Perhaps some perspective is in order here.

This is hilarious! Love it! So true.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Times they are a changing. A girl goes and gets a tattoo and drinks a Coke and feels ashamed about the Coke. Why, in my day people got properly drunk before getting tattoos and just hid the tattoos. And they weren't bags of gummy bears. Perhaps some perspective is in order here.

this literally made me lol...thanks a lot! Can't convince the boss this is Ms. productive over here! lol
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Guilt is a wasted emotion. I think we need to see the tattoo! ;)