Hi!

Options
pike83
pike83 Posts: 27 Member
What's your best advice? Like if you knew then what you know now?!

Replies

• epi111
    epi111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Soda pop is poisen!!!!
  • SapphCas
    SapphCas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You don't need to cut out the goodies, but cut down on them.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    To lose, eat less calories than you burn, move more, ALL things in moderation.
  • StencilChild
    StencilChild Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wish I quit drinking and started moving a year ago. I wish I stopped with the excuses. Waking up at 4am, taking a 2 mile walk, and then spending 30-45minutes in the morning before work has helped increase my energy levels throughout the day. I sleep better, I feel better, and by actively trying to get fit, makes me more aware of what I put into my body.

Unfortunately, without the motivation, no advice can help. I've seen morbidly obese people (friends and family), ignore professional help, simply because they do not care. Change first happens within.
  • pike83
    Options
    I wish I quit drinking and started moving a year ago. I wish I stopped with the excuses. Waking up at 4am, taking a 2 mile walk, and then spending 30-45minutes in the morning before work has helped increase my energy levels throughout the day. I sleep better, I feel better, and by actively trying to get fit, makes me more aware of what I put into my body.

Unfortunately, without the motivation, no advice can help. I've seen morbidly obese people (friends and family), ignore professional help, simply because they do not care. Change first happens within.

Ty!
  • pike83
    Options

Ty!
  • pike83
    Options
    To lose, eat less calories than you burn, move more, ALL things in moderation.

Ty!
  • pike83
    Options
    SapphCas wrote: »
    You don't need to cut out the goodies, but cut down on them.

Ty!
  • pike83
    Options
    epi111 wrote: »
    Soda pop is poisen!!!!

Yes it is! I wish it was part of my problem! I could just cut that out...lol ty!
  • kingjabou
    kingjabou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We all have stumbles in life: So do not let one bad day escalate into weeks, months or years.
  • pike83
    Options
    kingjabou wrote: »
    We all have stumbles in life: So do not let one bad day escalate into weeks, months or years.

So often stumbles turn into days and weeks for me! Def gotta focus day by day..ty
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    kingjabou wrote: »

This.

Progress, not perfection! The "all or nothing" attitude I used to have is a recipe for failure.
  • StencilChild
    StencilChild Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Self Sabotage is also a HUUUUGE detriment. Forget the word "Diet". Diet just means what you eat. Although, these days diet is usually referred to as a crash or fad diet, something temporary. Find eating habits that you can sustain for years. Have to readjust your mindset and habits. Once things become habitual, it is easier to continue. Missing one day of working out isn't bad, just make up for it throughout the rest of the week. Feeling guilty over having a slice of pizza can often lead to bigger mistakes. Don't starve yourself. If you're hungry, EAT! Just make better decisions. Opt for lean turkey/chicken breast instead of fried porkchops covered in gravy lol.

My ONLY goal right now is to eat better, and exercise daily. I do not have a weight goal. I do not have a specific calorie goal, I am not planning on running a marathon. For now, I am simply creating my habits. Have I lost weight due to those habits? Yup! I've lost over 8lbs in 3 weeks. I do track my workouts and food intake, to help give myself accountability. I am doing what works for me. Some people NEED that goal, and that works for them. So find what works best for you, ask questions, seek help/assistance, and just keep waking up and keep going. One day at a time :)
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Use this app to it's full advantage. Weigh and measure everything. Hit the gym, cardio and weights. Those have been the biggest help in my lifestyle change. Also, diligence! You have to have that to be successful. It would also help to know a lil about you. What's your goal?
  • pike83
    Options
    Self Sabotage is also a HUUUUGE detriment. Forget the word "Diet". Diet just means what you eat. Although, these days diet is usually referred to as a crash or fad diet, something temporary. Find eating habits that you can sustain for years. Have to readjust your mindset and habits. Once things become habitual, it is easier to continue. Missing one day of working out isn't bad, just make up for it throughout the rest of the week. Feeling guilty over having a slice of pizza can often lead to bigger mistakes. Don't starve yourself. If you're hungry, EAT! Just make better decisions. Opt for lean turkey/chicken breast instead of fried porkchops covered in gravy lol.

My ONLY goal right now is to eat better, and exercise daily. I do not have a weight goal. I do not have a specific calorie goal, I am not planning on running a marathon. For now, I am simply creating my habits. Have I lost weight due to those habits? Yup! I've lost over 8lbs in 3 weeks. I do track my workouts and food intake, to help give myself accountability. I am doing what works for me. Some people NEED that goal, and that works for them. So find what works best for you, ask questions, seek help/assistance, and just keep waking up and keep going. One day at a time :)

I agree! Ty
  • pike83
    Options
    4aces61 wrote: »
    Use this app to it's full advantage. Weigh and measure everything. Hit the gym, cardio and weights. Those have been the biggest help in my lifestyle change. Also, diligence! You have to have that to be successful. It would also help to know a lil about you. What's your goal?

My goal this year is to be where I was last year at least. Exercise daily. Learn a way of good eating that I can sustain.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Don't try to rush. Take baby steps! A year ago, when my doctor first warned me about my blood pressure, I immediately cut all fat out of my diet and went out and ran/walked a mile.My back was killing me, and I was starving. Well, guess how long that lasted?
    In November, my best friend suggested just doing one thing at a time, cut back slowly, add exercise slowly. Duh! It worked. 20 minute walks, then 30, then 40, and now 5 miles every other day. This is change for life. You don't half to change everything at once; just take one bad habit at a time and replace it with a good habit.
  • pike83
    Options
    Don't try to rush. Take baby steps! A year ago, when my doctor first warned me about my blood pressure, I immediately cut all fat out of my diet and went out and ran/walked a mile.My back was killing me, and I was starving. Well, guess how long that lasted?
    In November, my best friend suggested just doing one thing at a time, cut back slowly, add exercise slowly. Duh! It worked. 20 minute walks, then 30, then 40, and now 5 miles every other day. This is change for life. You don't half to change everything at once; just take one bad habit at a time and replace it with a good habit.

Great advice! Ty
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!